Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

SFM Returning ID and Not Name

I have an SFM to create a WO from Location. There is a look-up field for Installed Product that the user can populate if the IP is known at time of the call. The look-up works fine to be able to see all of the IP's for that Location but any selection fills the Installed Product's record ID in the look-up field on the SFM and will not allow the user to save the screen because it doesn't recognize an Installed Product with that name.

i.e., User chooses Installed Product called Door #1 which is in the system but the value returned is the record id and fails.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: SFM Returning ID and Not Name

Hello Joshua Phillips​,

This is probably caused by a misconfiguration of your Lookup in the screen designer of your SFM. When the display field is set to show the Record ID it fails when you want to save it (and sometimes gives a "undifined" error).

To fix this, go the setup and in the SFM designer go to the Screen Designer tab. When you click on the lookup you will have the option "Configure Lookup"on the right on your screen. in this screen, choose in the "Display Field" picklist for example "Serial/Lot Number" and save the configuration.

More info on configuring a lookup:  online help: Lookup Configuration

Hope this solves your problem.

Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hi Joshua

Its something we have seen as well, and we fixed it by setting up an advanced download criteria to download all of the IP's for that site, in that way the ID has some data to relate to.

Thanks

Russ

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello! We're have an upcoming Design Time on the new SFM Designer on July 10th - I thought you might all be interested!

See details here: Design Time: Designer 2.0

And if you RSVP yes or maybe on the page, I'll drop a calendar invite on your schedule!

Hope you'll join!

---
Check out my signature
- one of the cool features of our community. Edit yours under "Personal Information".
0 Likes
Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hi Nico

I have already signed up, but a big thanks for forwarding it anyway.

Thanks Again

Russ

<http://www.domino-printing.com/Global/en/Home.aspx?utm_source=Footer&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Email%2Bfooter%2Btext%2Blinks>

0 Likes
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

1) Salesforce ID is Displayed for Some Lookup Fields on the ServiceMax Classic iPad App

or

2) To display the Name field value of the looked up record, create a formula field which points to the name field of the looked up record, and configure this formula field as the Display Field.

For example, the configuration of the lookup field Included Service in the standard SFM transaction Manage Custom Coverage is defined as follows:

1. A formula is defined for the Service Name custom field which points to the name field of the looked up record.
  2. In the lookup configuration defined for Included Service, the Display Field is set to Service Name.
  3. Run the Manage Custom Coverage SFM transaction. The SFM Delivery page displays the name instead of the Salesforce ID.

If any, open a case with support.

0 Likes