Fry Chef maha
Fry Chef

SFM button...

Jump to solution

Hi ,

Is it possible to have Formula build in SFM button and on click the button should execute on the background instead of interactive?

E.g I have Unassigned and Unschedule SFM button , which when  user clicks on it Updates  the WorkOrder Status  and formula fires to set the Technician field ,completed date field to null (blank)

SFM works fine only if i set the button to be Interactive under

Service Flow Wizards not working when i set it to function on Backround....

Please advice....East Coast User GroupCustomer SupportProduct HubUser Groups at ServiceMaxShivaranjini GangadharappaAnita SathyamurthyAlex Langston

Message 1 of 5
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Product Team
Product Team

Re: SFM button...

Jump to solution

We don't have option to clear a field value using mapping, it is one of the product backlog item ( i.e support option to clear field value)

Only option is to run your process in interactive mode so that formula clears field value. An additional click on 'save' would be required to complete the action.

Message 4 of 5
4 Replies
Product Team
Product Team

Jump to solution

Formula execution in background mode is not supported today. Background execution is supported only in features where user input is not required.

I will add to product backload to evaluate if this can be supported when inputs are assigned via mapping and doesn't require user input.

Message 2 of 5
0 Likes
Fry Chef maha
Fry Chef

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot Shivaranjini.... for my changes doesn't require user input....under mapping section i set the Order Status ="team accepted" but  i need the field values set it to Null upon clicking that SFM button,  so i created formula to set the field value to blank...

mapping section

formula section( setting the Technician field to null)

Please advice is it possible we can set the null values in mapping section too and have the SFM wizard runs Background?

i am not able to set null values to Technician field  under mapping section so i created formula and the requirement  is when user clicks on the button all the actions(1.update the order status, 2. set the Technician field to null)  should be on background.

Shivaranjini GangadharappaAnita SathyamurthyEast Coast User Group

Message 3 of 5
0 Likes
Product Team
Product Team

Jump to solution

We don't have option to clear a field value using mapping, it is one of the product backlog item ( i.e support option to clear field value)

Only option is to run your process in interactive mode so that formula clears field value. An additional click on 'save' would be required to complete the action.

Message 4 of 5
Fry Chef maha
Fry Chef

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot!!Shivaranjini Gangadharappa

Message 5 of 5
0 Likes