Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Fry Chef bpoliquin
Fry Chef

SFM transaction from SFDC sandbox to production

Jump to solution

How do I move a SFM transaction and Button from the SFDC sandbox to SFDC production? Can I use the outbound change set feature in Salesforce?

Message 1 of 6
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Re: SFM transaction from SFDC sandbox to production

Jump to solution
Hi Bob,

Let us know how you get on with this and if you have any further questions. 

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Message 5 of 6
0 Likes
5 Replies
Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Bob, there is a ServiceMax tool available for this called the ServiceMax Migration Tool. Please find the below resources that should give you what you need to try a test of it in your sandbox. 

ServiceMax Migration Tool Guide 

Summer '16 - Migration Tool 

Here is the link to the actual tool. I suggest reading the guide before using it though. 

https://migrate.servicemax.com/MigrationTool/

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Message 2 of 6
Pastry Chef acooper
Pastry Chef

Jump to solution

The migration tool works great, but there are some points to watch out for. In my experience, these are:

• Can only migrate one SFM Mobile Configuration at a time
  • Can't migrate SFM Mobile Permissions even though it appears you can. It fails to work correctly if you select it, so you have to do this manually
  • Org-wide configuration settings migrate OK, but group-wide configuration config settings do not so these must be setup manually
Message 3 of 6
Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Jump to solution
Hi Bob, I would add to this to make sure you check all changes after they are migrated to make sure they migrated correctly and to test the migration between sandboxes. 

If you have output documents then check them too as we have seen one instance of this getting corrupted even though we didn't include it in the migration. 

Regards, Richard

Message 4 of 6
0 Likes
Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Jump to solution
Hi Bob,

Let us know how you get on with this and if you have any further questions. 

Regards, Richard

Message 5 of 6
0 Likes
Fry Chef bpoliquin
Fry Chef

Jump to solution

Thanks Richard!

This is exactly what I was looking for

Message 6 of 6