cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Line Chef upasna_lal
Line Chef

ServiceMax Service Flow Wizard

I am migrating the application from  classic to lightning and all sfm wizards are now in lightning as well but i can see classic SFM wizards and lightning SFM wizards . I want to remove classic SFM Wizards from lightning . This i tried with changing the layout and remove sfm from layout . This helps in removing from lightning page but it also removed in classic Version as well.

Is there any possibility to remain lightning SFM wizards in lightning and Classic SFM wizards in classic

Message 1 of 8
0 Likes
7 Replies
Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Re: ServiceMax Service Flow Wizard

Hi @upasna_lal , Have you considered managing your migration using different Salesforce Profiles? This would mean you could then have two ServiceMax configuration profiles, one with each Salesforce Profile assigned. 

It would then be simple to use one for Classic access and one for Lightening access and assign the SFM Wizards to each accordingly.

Then to migrate a user you just change their Salesforce profile.

I hope this makes sense and can give more details on it if needed.

some help articles that may assist

https://community.servicemax.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Create-a-New-Custom-Configuration-Profile/...

https://community.servicemax.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Find-The-Group-Profile-Associated-With-a-S...

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Message 2 of 8
0 Likes
Roast Chef mark_taylor
Roast Chef

I have the same issue.  It is not really feasible for me to replicate the profiles as Richard suggests (even though it most likely work) as I have too many profiles as it is and doing this would only further aggravate the problem as we try to reduce them.

Anyone else found another way of overcoming this?  Is there a configuration setting to manage it?

Mark

Message 3 of 8
0 Likes
Product Team
Product Team

Hi @upasna_lal @mark_taylor @richard_lewis 

Suggest to create a custom visualforce page and add to the record page layout. Based on the theme set the rendering to false. When user switches to lightning the Service Flow Wizard section will be blank and when switch back to classic wizard steps will get displayed.

Sample to try. Let us know if this helps

<apex:page standardController="SVMXC__Service_Order__c" sidebar="false" showHeader="false" applyHtmlTag="false" rendered="{!$User.UITheme != 'Theme4d'}">
   <SVMXC:SFM_Wizard recordId="{!SVMXC__Service_Order__c.Id}" />
</apex:page>

Message 4 of 8
Roast Chef mark_taylor
Roast Chef

Thanks @shivaranjini_g . This does work to the extend that it hides the wizard from the Lightning page but is there a way to then either hide or shrink the section on the page that it in so that the users do not see a blank section where it normally sits?

mark

Message 5 of 8
0 Likes
Product Team
Product Team

Hi@mark_taylor cannot avoid blank section display.  

Message 6 of 8
0 Likes
Highlighted
Product Team
Product Team

We have introduced a new setting to provide option to hide classic SFM wizard when switched to lightning theme. By default the classic wizard will visible and admin can set the value of this setting to 'Lightning' to hide the classic wizard in lightning mode. This is a group wide setting available under module Service Flow Wizard  >Service Flow wizard Delivery. 

This setting will be available in the upcoming release 19.2.

---Thanks

Message 7 of 8
0 Likes
Roast Chef mark_taylor
Roast Chef

Thanks,  good to hear this.

Will the setting also suppress the page section that contains the SFW?  Otherwise the page in the Lightning UI will show the section still with a large white space on it.

Mark

Message 8 of 8
0 Likes