cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ServieMax User field on User record - how does it get populated?

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

ServieMax User field on User record - how does it get populated?

Jump to solution

There is a field on the User record - SVMXC__ServiceMax_User__c - which sounds like it should be populated if that User has been given a ServiceMax licence.

It does not appear to be populated in that way - does anyone know how this is intended to work?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Re: ServieMax User field on User record - how does it get populated?

Jump to solution

Hi Gill, my understanding is that it is intended to be used to add the ServiceMax license. Have you tried ticking it and seeing if it adds the license? I know that for our instance that when the user is deactivated then the ServiceMax licenses is now removed and before this did not happen.

I recall we use the field for community users to get the registration process for them to add an smax license to the user.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Gill, my understanding is that it is intended to be used to add the ServiceMax license. Have you tried ticking it and seeing if it adds the license? I know that for our instance that when the user is deactivated then the ServiceMax licenses is now removed and before this did not happen.

I recall we use the field for community users to get the registration process for them to add an smax license to the user.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Jump to solution

Thanks I have tried this and yes, if the flag is set/unset on the user record, it allocates/removes a servicemax licence.

But, it does not work the other way around i.e if the licence is allocated/removed via the Manage Licences screen or the Managed Packages at the bottom of the user record, the flag does not get set/unset.

However, if maintained it should be useful.