Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Object Update of Lookup Field on SFM

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Source Object Update of Lookup Field on SFM

Jump to solution

I am building a custom object and custom child object. On parent record I have a current owner (lookup) and previous owner (lookup). I have an SFM that is creating the child record correctly but what I am trying to do is when the child record is created and saved in SFM, move current owner to previous owner (working via source object update) and then clear the current owner lookup field on the header record (not working)..  I tried to set this field to "null" and even create an empty lookup field

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Re: Source Object Update of Lookup Field on SFM

Jump to solution

Hi Casey, we haven't had any success with using SFMs to set fields to null/blank. ServiceMax advised us this was not supported functionality and suggested we create an idea. Unfortunately this basic functionality doesn't seem to be supported.

We did -

Of course there are ways you can do this outside of the SFM using code, workflow rules or Salesforce Processes and Flows but we shouldn't have to customise when this should be a configurable option.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~

View solution in original post

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Casey, we haven't had any success with using SFMs to set fields to null/blank. ServiceMax advised us this was not supported functionality and suggested we create an idea. Unfortunately this basic functionality doesn't seem to be supported.

We did -

Of course there are ways you can do this outside of the SFM using code, workflow rules or Salesforce Processes and Flows but we shouldn't have to customise when this should be a configurable option.

Regards, Richard

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Jump to solution

I ended up creating a process builder for this which is working..  Also voted up that idea..

Jump to solution

Hi Casey,

Have you tried using Formula on SFM to blank the field?

Sample formula:

$D.Work_Order.<Field API Name> = ""

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Jump to solution

Will give it a try