Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roast Chef nick_sauer
Roast Chef

Spring '18 - Duplicate Field Error on SFM Load

Hi all - has anyone else seen error on entry of all SFMs:

duplicate.jpg

We are not using this field on any SFMs, and cannot tell why the message would be given.

Message 1 of 57
56 Replies
Roast Chef nick_sauer
Roast Chef

Re: Spring '18 - "SVMXC__Group_Email__c Error

Hi all - there seems to be some loosely defined checks within the SFM load engine.  In this case we had a field with api name of "Group_Email__c" which is similar to "SVMXC__Group_Email__c" of course.  It appears that the namespace is not part of whatever check was failed above, so SVMXC was blocking due to belief that these two fields were the same.

In any case, leaving this here in case it helps anyone else.

Message 2 of 57
Pastry Chef mmajerus6
Pastry Chef

We have the same issue with several fields across our org. In the SFM, the designer does not distinguish between the (2) fields even though (1) is the OOB SMax field with SVMXC, and the other is a custom field. When this happens the SFM engine gets confused and key SFM features do not work correctly.

Message 3 of 57
0 Likes
Roast Chef nick_sauer
Roast Chef

Thanks Michael for the information - quite strange really to apparently not include the SVMXC__ bit in the duplicate check. Unfortunately it sounds like your fix will be more onerous than ours as we only have one 'duplicate' field to this point!

Message 4 of 57
Pastry Chef mmajerus6
Pastry Chef

Re: Spring '18 - Duplicate Field Error on SFM Load

I inherited an org with lots of opportunities for optimization...    Copying Anita to this thread as the new SFM designer may in-fact account for the SVMXC prefix. That would be a welcomed improvement.

Anita D'Souza

Message 5 of 57
0 Likes
Product Team
Product Team

Thanks, Michael Majerus​ for tagging me here! I'll check with the Engg. team on this and get back to you on this thread.

Message 6 of 57
Line Chef infoman5
Line Chef

We are running into this same duplicate field issue with the SVMX_Entitlement_Type__c field.  There is an OOB field on Case called Entitlement_Type__c.  This happens when you perform an action on a Case FSM.

Since we cannot change the SVMX_Entitlement_Type__c as it's part of your managed package and we shouldn't change the standard Salesforce field Entitlement_Type__c can you please get back to us on what we need to do to fix this?

Message 7 of 57
Roast Chef nick_sauer
Roast Chef

Where are we with this one?  We just did a deployment to our full sandbox for UAT and there is now a conflict with field Service_Maintenance_Contract__c (vs. SVMXC__ namespace version of same) that is coming up.  This did not appear with same SFMs, etc. in our development sandbox, and now our timeline is going to be negatively impacted as multiple classes would have to be redone.

Message 8 of 57
Line Chef laurim
Line Chef

Hello, we also have the same issue here. Field is not used on any SFMs.

Message 9 of 57
Roast Chef sonia_genesse
Roast Chef

Just upgraded one of my SBOX's to Predix 18.2 (aka Spring 18.2, v18.20000.11) and on loading an SFM I received this error on this OOTB SMAX field. ServiceMax Knowledge

Thanks

Sonia

Message 10 of 57