Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Standalone SFM transaction design

Jump to solution

I want to replace links that we have on work order pages for the user to simply change the status of the record they are looking at, with SFM transactions.

I assume I need to use the Standalone transaction option but I cannot figure out how to build the transaction.

Is there any documentation or help with building standalone transactions and deploying them?

If this is not the correct transaction to use, please advise.

Mark

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

Re: Standalone SFM transaction design

Jump to solution

You can create an SFM like the one below which changes the WO Status= Accepted with one SFM button click.  Make sure your SFM is "for the purpose of editing and existing record", update the mapping(s) tab to set the desired Status (see second screen shot), create a simple SFM screen layout with the Status (note this screen layout won't even be displayed in the browser but it will be displayed if your on a mobile device since mobile devices do not support background SFM processes).  Now create your SFW button and make the "Mode of Execution" = background.  (see last screen shot)

sfm‌‌ transaction_designer‌ sfw‌

View solution in original post

Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

You can create an SFM like the one below which changes the WO Status= Accepted with one SFM button click.  Make sure your SFM is "for the purpose of editing and existing record", update the mapping(s) tab to set the desired Status (see second screen shot), create a simple SFM screen layout with the Status (note this screen layout won't even be displayed in the browser but it will be displayed if your on a mobile device since mobile devices do not support background SFM processes).  Now create your SFW button and make the "Mode of Execution" = background.  (see last screen shot)

sfm‌‌ transaction_designer‌ sfw‌

View solution in original post

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Jump to solution

I got it to work thanks. I was missing the page even though it is a background action.