cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Transfers: is anyone using Stock Transfer and is this able to be completed in one SFM transaction? (Summer '14 release)

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Stock Transfers: is anyone using Stock Transfer and is this able to be completed in one SFM transaction? (Summer '14 release)

Jump to solution

I just started trying to set this up in our Full Sandbox. We are on Summer '14 release.

I need to be able to transfer parts from one FSE location to another. The majority of these parts are Lot Tracked items.

It appears this is a multiple step process as follows:

1. Create a stock Transfer between two locations
    • NOTE: The User manual did not actual state how to do this part in the Stock Transfer section.
  2. Add "Stock Transfer Lines" to the Stock Transfer
  3. Post to inventory
  4. move Stocked Serials

What I have not been able to determine is how to move the Stocked Serials associated with the Part. (these are 98% Lot Tracked items).

What I would like to do is this: go to a Location Record click on an SFM move the parts from one engineer to another having the Stocked Serials be a  part of this.

Thanks

John W

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Re: Stock Transfers: is anyone using Stock Transfer and is this able to be completed in one SFM transaction? (Summer '14 release)

Jump to solution

Thanks Desirae Szloboda  from Tech support found the problem

Stockable check box was not checked on the Product object

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Retired
Retired

Re: Stock Transfers: is anyone using Stock Transfer and is this able to be completed in one SFM transaction? (Summer '14 release)

Jump to solution

You can move Stocked Serials in Post Inventory screen, if the part (Product) has 'Enable Serialized Tracking of Stock' checked.

To initiate this from a Location record, you will need a two step process:

1. Create a custom SFM transaction of type 'from Source Object to create new header and child records' to create a Stock Transfer record from a Location record, with Stock Transfer Line added as a child object. Add this to a Location SFM wizard and invoke it from the required Location record.

2. After creating the Stock Transfer record with the Stock Transfer record lines using the above custom SFM transaction, you can invoke the inventory process Post Inventory, move the required Stocked Serial records for each product, and close the transaction.

Some points to note about the custom SFM transaction:

1. You can map the location to either Source or Destination Location in Stock Transfer record.

2. When you add Stock Transfer Line object as the target child object, configure the following:

a. A dummy expression which will never evaluate to True as Qualifying Criteria (e.g. Record ID Is Null). This is to ensure that a blank Stock Transfer Line record is not added by default on launching the SFM transaction.

b. Configure the page layout to allow new lines and delete lines.

3. You can make Product in Stock Transfer Line section as the Multi Add Using field (click the line section title and configure this in the Properties pane on the right).

4. You can configure a custom lookup configuration for Product field to return only the Products with available stock, by defining an Advanced Lookup Filter on Product Stock object (Available Qty Greater Than 0, Status Equals Available).

Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Jump to solution

Meenakshi,

Thanks for the details. I had an SFM setup for #1 but have problems with the inventory process. I had a custom inventory process (cloned from SXFR001 Post to Inventory -Stock Transfer), however, I can't add this to the SFM Wizard on the Location record.

All I can see on the Location when adding a new SFM is SFM and Other.

Thanks

Highlighted
Retired
Retired

Jump to solution

John,

It is not possible to add the Post to Inventory - Stock Transfer inventory process to the SFM wizard on Location object. Because, the main/parent object of the inventory process is Stock Transfer and not Location.

So, you can add your custom inventory process to the SFM wizard on Stock Transfer object. When you invoke the custom SFM transaction to create Stock Transfer record from Location record, on clicking Save, the newly created Stock Transfer record will be displayed. You can invoke the custom inventory process from this screen.

Regards,

Meenakshi.

Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Jump to solution

Meenakshi,

I thought you were going to say that, this makes me sad

i mentioned in my original post of this question that I'd like to do this on the Location record. Can you please clarify how the setup should look for the Stocked Serials to be moved?

1. I added the SFM for the Stocked Transfer Lines with a handoff to #2 below
  2. I added the post to inventory process
    1. In the post inventory process the Stocked Serials keep coming up with this  "Serialized tracking of stock is not enabled for this product".
  3. Any ideas on how i can fix this?

Thanks,

John W

Highlighted
Retired
Retired

Jump to solution

John,

You need to check the checkbox 'Enable Serialized Tracking of Stock' in each Product record, for the inventory screen to process the Stocked Serials of the product.

Regards,

Meenakshi.

Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Jump to solution

Yes, this is checked. These parts have been setup and are being consumed on the Work Orders.

Thanks

John Welisevich

Technology & Technical Training Manager

Medivators, Inc.

Sent from my iPhone

Highlighted
Retired
Retired

Jump to solution

Strange. That flag is the only one checked for enabling stocked serial handling. Please log a case with ServiceMax Support. They will log into your org and investigate the issue.

I am assuming you have you selected Yes for the question 'Will the users select or enter serial numbers for one or more parts?' in User Inputs tab in your custom inventory process.

Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Jump to solution

I do have Yes selected for 'Will the users select or enter serial numbers for one or more parts?'

I'll open a Case with support.

Thanks for your help

Highlighted
Retired
Retired

Jump to solution

John,

In your custom inventory process configuration, can you check if the following configuration options in the 'Stock Updates' tab are set as mentioned below?

• Is the first location stored in the parent object? If you answer no, all location fields from child object will be displayed.' - Should be 'Yes'.
  • 'Choose the first Location field from the parent or child object' - Should be 'Source Location'.
  • 'Choose the Stock status associated with the first location' - Should be 'Available'.

Regards,

Meenakshi.

Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Jump to solution

Meenakshi,

Everything was good except the first location was set to In Transit - I changed it to available but that did not help with the Lot #

Thanks

John W

Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Jump to solution

Meenakshi,

I also have a specific question on the Stock Transfer process.

It seems that i have to create an individual Stock Transfer record for each move as follows:

1. If i have 3 locations: LOC1, LOC2 & LOC3 and want to transfer stock from LOC1 to LOC2 AND LOC 3, i would need two unique Stock Transfer records.
  2. Then to transfer the actual parts I go into one of these Stock Transfer records and use the SFM to actually transfer the parts

Is this correct?

Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Jump to solution

Thanks Desirae Szloboda  from Tech support found the problem

Stockable check box was not checked on the Product object

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Retired
Retired

Jump to solution

John,

Glad to note that the issue got resolved!

I focused on the inventory process configuration options and did not ask about Stockable checkbox, as you had mentioned this in a previous post in this thread that 'These parts have been setup and are being consumed on the Work Orders'.

Please note that with the stock status in the Stock Updates tab set to 'In Transit' instead of 'Available', you would not have seen any error message; but inventory process screen would not have listed any stocked serials available at the source location.

Regards,

Meenakshi.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hey John,

Always happy to help out!  I'm glad we were able to find the issue so quickly :-D.  As always, it was my pleasure working with you.