I just started trying to set this up in our Full Sandbox. We are on Summer '14 release.
I need to be able to transfer parts from one FSE location to another. The majority of these parts are Lot Tracked items.
It appears this is a multiple step process as follows:
What I have not been able to determine is how to move the Stocked Serials associated with the Part. (these are 98% Lot Tracked items).
What I would like to do is this: go to a Location Record click on an SFM move the parts from one engineer to another having the Stocked Serials be a part of this.
You can move Stocked Serials in Post Inventory screen, if the part (Product) has 'Enable Serialized Tracking of Stock' checked.
To initiate this from a Location record, you will need a two step process:
1. Create a custom SFM transaction of type 'from Source Object to create new header and child records' to create a Stock Transfer record from a Location record, with Stock Transfer Line added as a child object. Add this to a Location SFM wizard and invoke it from the required Location record.
2. After creating the Stock Transfer record with the Stock Transfer record lines using the above custom SFM transaction, you can invoke the inventory process Post Inventory, move the required Stocked Serial records for each product, and close the transaction.
Some points to note about the custom SFM transaction:
1. You can map the location to either Source or Destination Location in Stock Transfer record.
2. When you add Stock Transfer Line object as the target child object, configure the following:
a. A dummy expression which will never evaluate to True as Qualifying Criteria (e.g. Record ID Is Null). This is to ensure that a blank Stock Transfer Line record is not added by default on launching the SFM transaction.
b. Configure the page layout to allow new lines and delete lines.
3. You can make Product in Stock Transfer Line section as the Multi Add Using field (click the line section title and configure this in the Properties pane on the right).
4. You can configure a custom lookup configuration for Product field to return only the Products with available stock, by defining an Advanced Lookup Filter on Product Stock object (Available Qty Greater Than 0, Status Equals Available).
Thanks for the details. I had an SFM setup for #1 but have problems with the inventory process. I had a custom inventory process (cloned from SXFR001 Post to Inventory -Stock Transfer), however, I can't add this to the SFM Wizard on the Location record.
All I can see on the Location when adding a new SFM is SFM and Other.
It is not possible to add the Post to Inventory - Stock Transfer inventory process to the SFM wizard on Location object. Because, the main/parent object of the inventory process is Stock Transfer and not Location.
So, you can add your custom inventory process to the SFM wizard on Stock Transfer object. When you invoke the custom SFM transaction to create Stock Transfer record from Location record, on clicking Save, the newly created Stock Transfer record will be displayed. You can invoke the custom inventory process from this screen.
I thought you were going to say that, this makes me sad
i mentioned in my original post of this question that I'd like to do this on the Location record. Can you please clarify how the setup should look for the Stocked Serials to be moved?
You need to check the checkbox 'Enable Serialized Tracking of Stock' in each Product record, for the inventory screen to process the Stocked Serials of the product.
Yes, this is checked. These parts have been setup and are being consumed on the Work Orders.
Technology & Technical Training Manager
Sent from my iPhone
Strange. That flag is the only one checked for enabling stocked serial handling. Please log a case with ServiceMax Support. They will log into your org and investigate the issue.
I am assuming you have you selected Yes for the question 'Will the users select or enter serial numbers for one or more parts?' in User Inputs tab in your custom inventory process.
I do have Yes selected for 'Will the users select or enter serial numbers for one or more parts?'
I'll open a Case with support.
Thanks for your help
In your custom inventory process configuration, can you check if the following configuration options in the 'Stock Updates' tab are set as mentioned below?
Everything was good except the first location was set to In Transit - I changed it to available but that did not help with the Lot #
I also have a specific question on the Stock Transfer process.
It seems that i have to create an individual Stock Transfer record for each move as follows:
Is this correct?
Glad to note that the issue got resolved!
I focused on the inventory process configuration options and did not ask about Stockable checkbox, as you had mentioned this in a previous post in this thread that 'These parts have been setup and are being consumed on the Work Orders'.
Please note that with the stock status in the Stock Updates tab set to 'In Transit' instead of 'Available', you would not have seen any error message; but inventory process screen would not have listed any stocked serials available at the source location.
Always happy to help out! I'm glad we were able to find the issue so quickly :-D. As always, it was my pleasure working with you.