Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use 1, Order 1 during FE debrief for Part Consumption from Van Stock or an FIL

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Use 1, Order 1 during FE debrief for Part Consumption from Van Stock or an FIL

Jump to solution

FE consumes a part during the SFM debrief, customer would like to pop-up a window prompting the FE "Do you want to place a part order for this part since you consumed one?".   The Use one, Order 1 concept.  This sounds like a future Product enchantment request but I may be able to display the "Re-Order Point" on the Work Detail line then use a Linked SFM that they can use to create the Part Order from the Work Detail lines.

Message 1 of 4
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Re: Use 1, Order 1 during FE debrief for Part Consumption from Van Stock or an FIL

Jump to solution

Interesting idea. I don't think that would work for our company but to build on the idea, here's what would help us:

If a parts hits the stock level of the re-order point,

1. Alert the FSE that they just hit the re-order point
  2. Send an email to inventory planners to review the FSEs Trunk Stock and fulfill all parts requiring replenishment
    • Part of this could include parts below the required stock level but above the "re-order point"
  3. Create dashboards that Service Managers etc. can see where parts are not being replenished. and maybe how long replenishment is taking
  4. Integrate our Trunk Stock orders into ServiceMax so our FSE staff has visibility to the orders (we only integrated parts orders that are directly related to a specific work order)
  5. How can I validate the required level for a specific part for each individual FSEs trunk stock?

I'm assuming trunk stock replenishment is handled in many different ways.

What our Service Managers are looking for is a method that ensures we keep the right parts in the FSE trunk stock when they need them. Our materials department performs these functions in our ERP system, not ServiceMax. If we could automate the notifications that parts are required, and send this to our Materials Dept. we would be a little ahead of the game.

There also needs to be a conscious decision on what parts ship on replenishment orders in order to help save shipping costs. If i only have 1 part that needs replenishment, I want our materials personnel to review the FSEs trunk stock for other items that are below the required level, but have not yet hit the "re-order point". we don't want to send multiple shipments for 1 or 2 parts each week.  This ties in with #5 above: this is currently set by each FSE. I suppose it's time for us to get into deep analytics of our FSE Trunk Stock Locations and see if i can determine this in the system.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 Replies
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Re: Use 1, Order 1 during FE debrief for Part Consumption from Van Stock or an FIL

Jump to solution

Interesting idea. I don't think that would work for our company but to build on the idea, here's what would help us:

If a parts hits the stock level of the re-order point,

1. Alert the FSE that they just hit the re-order point
  2. Send an email to inventory planners to review the FSEs Trunk Stock and fulfill all parts requiring replenishment
    • Part of this could include parts below the required stock level but above the "re-order point"
  3. Create dashboards that Service Managers etc. can see where parts are not being replenished. and maybe how long replenishment is taking
  4. Integrate our Trunk Stock orders into ServiceMax so our FSE staff has visibility to the orders (we only integrated parts orders that are directly related to a specific work order)
  5. How can I validate the required level for a specific part for each individual FSEs trunk stock?

I'm assuming trunk stock replenishment is handled in many different ways.

What our Service Managers are looking for is a method that ensures we keep the right parts in the FSE trunk stock when they need them. Our materials department performs these functions in our ERP system, not ServiceMax. If we could automate the notifications that parts are required, and send this to our Materials Dept. we would be a little ahead of the game.

There also needs to be a conscious decision on what parts ship on replenishment orders in order to help save shipping costs. If i only have 1 part that needs replenishment, I want our materials personnel to review the FSEs trunk stock for other items that are below the required level, but have not yet hit the "re-order point". we don't want to send multiple shipments for 1 or 2 parts each week.  This ties in with #5 above: this is currently set by each FSE. I suppose it's time for us to get into deep analytics of our FSE Trunk Stock Locations and see if i can determine this in the system.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Great suggestions and all great points.  Building a workflow to generate notifications based on the Product Stock re-order points is a great solution and would be easy to implement.

Another idea I suggested to a client was to use the very new Scheduled SFM ServiceMax feature which would evaluate all the re-order points on the Product Stock records and automatically create a new Part Order then the FE would just review his Stock replenishment Part orders and he could change the Part Order status to "Submit" which would trigger the ERP system to consume the Part Order and ship the parts.   I also agree that most companies only allow stock Replenishment part orders to be Ground to reduce shipping costs for example but on the WO they allow the FE to choose it is should be overnight etc.  That really helps keep costs down and to your point consolidating shipments is another cost reduction best practice.

inventory‌ parts and inventory‌ partsorder‌

Message 3 of 4
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

John,

You could also use a standard SFDC report that is pulled on a schedule (daily or weekly perhaps) and automatically emailed to your Materials department.  It could be inventory locations with Product Stock based.  Most companies prefer to ship many items in a large shipment as opposed to a new shipment for each item below thresholds, so this would help.  You can pair the report with an SFM (or scheduled SFM as Mike describes above).  It makes it easy to create a Parts Order for all items currently requiring Re-Order.

Filters:

Prod Stock Status = Available or In Transit

Prod Stock Qty Required > 0  (I believe this is a formula that returns difference between 'Qty' and 'Reorder Point'+Reorder Qty'), showing you how many you ought to order to get up to optimal level.

Locations -- Stocking Locations

Groupings

Prod Stock.Product

Prod Stock.Status

Good Luck!

-Dan

Message 4 of 4
0 Likes