cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visualforce page "Renew Contract" versus Standard SFM "Create Service Contract renewal"

Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Visualforce page "Renew Contract" versus Standard SFM "Create Service Contract renewal"

Jump to solution

Hi All,

we're running into some issues with the "renew contract" visualforce page, which is currently not transferring all the fields of the existing contract to the new contract.
When trying to troubleshoot, it became clear the visualforce page is using managed SVMX classes which we can't make changes to ourselves off course.

This has raised the following question for me:

What is the difference between using the Visualforce page, and using the Standard SFM Transaction "Create Service Contract Renewal"? (Both are offered by SVMX)

The main differences I see, are:

- the layout of the edit page for contract renewal (VF vs blue SVMX edit screen)

- the standard SFM transaction will allow you to clone it, so you'll be able to make changes to the field mappings

My thought now is to simply stop using the VF page, and clone the Standard SFM transaction and customize it according to our needs.
But I would like to make sure there is no specific functionality I would lose by retiring the VF button?

thanks for your input in advance already!
Nele

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Re: Visualforce page "Renew Contract" versus Standard SFM "Create Service Contract renewal"

Jump to solution

We already found the answer in the SFMProcessesGuide.pdf file.

Turns out you use the SFM as a background process when using the VF custom button.
You can select the SFM transaction you wish to use by setting it in the SET007 setting in the group configuration settings.

Page 198 in this guide: http://userdocs.servicemax.com:8080/ServiceMaxHelp/Summer15/en_us/Content/SFMProcessesGuide.pdf

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Re: Visualforce page "Renew Contract" versus Standard SFM "Create Service Contract renewal"

Jump to solution

We already found the answer in the SFMProcessesGuide.pdf file.

Turns out you use the SFM as a background process when using the VF custom button.
You can select the SFM transaction you wish to use by setting it in the SET007 setting in the group configuration settings.

Page 198 in this guide: http://userdocs.servicemax.com:8080/ServiceMaxHelp/Summer15/en_us/Content/SFMProcessesGuide.pdf

View solution in original post