cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are best practices for SFM Wizard Permisions and Criteria

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

What are best practices for SFM Wizard Permisions and Criteria

In our implementation all office users see the same set of SFM wizards.

I would like to reduce the quantity of wizards and buttons that are evaluated and loaded specifically on the work order.

I had hoped to display by Salesforce profile (relates to job function:dispatch, manage billing, etc) but that is not a direct option.

These appear to be my main options.

1. Create new Servicemax configuration Profile.  This appears to be the best option but I know very little about the impact of creating and maintaining additional profiles.

2. Create a formula on work order that gets users profile that can be used in criteria to show.  Our work order is already complicated and this seem to just add more to the complication with our work orders.

3. Identify what SFM's and wizards to display base on work order status or other fields on work order.  This would be an undertaking to define and likely cause frustration of users in not seeing the SFM you want because it is not visible due to work order status.

I would be interested in any recommendations and input on how others have organized SFM's and SFM wizards in there Servicemax application.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Re: What are best practices for SFM Wizard Permisions and Criteria

Hi Jeff, we use Option 1. It is straight forward and no more work than maintaining your SFDC profiles. That is what I would recommend. Thx, Beth

0 Likes