cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why a row is added in Parts, Labor, Expense (associated child) in a SFM transaction Account Object?

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Why a row is added in Parts, Labor, Expense (associated child) in a SFM transaction Account Object?

I created a SFM transaction for Create a Quote. Parts, Labor and Expense are associated Child. This SFM is put under Account Object. When it is executed, a row is automatically created in each child tabs - parts, labor and expense. I have similar SFM created under Work Order, and Location object. They do not behave the same - no row added!. I have cloned a SFM from Location object and problem of adding a row exists. What is the setting controlling adding a row when it is first loaded? Any suggestion?

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Re: Why a row is added in Parts, Labor, Expense (associated child) in a SFM transaction  Account Object?

From Online Help - Service Flow Manager > SFM Transactions & Docs > Tips for Troubleshooting > SFM Delivery:

Issue:

An SFM transaction set to create new header and child records automatically adds a blank line to chi....

Solution:

If the SFM has source header object with target header and child objects, but no source child object and there is no qualifying criteria expression for child section(s), then this can happen. To resolve this, add dummy qualifying criteria for source child such as 'Record ID Is Null'. This will exclude the source header record from being considered as source child record.

For example, if the SFM transaction creates a new location from an existing location and has a child section to add new Installed Product(s), but there is no mapping from Location to Installed Product, you need to define qualifying criteria for the source child object Location as explained above. See screenshot illustrating this:

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Re: Why a row is added in Parts, Labor, Expense (associated child) in a SFM transaction  Account Object?

I had this expression in SFM but still adding a blank row to child section. There is no Record ID for me to select (not sure it is matter).

Any suggestion?

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

If your source object is Account, the field which stores the SFID (i.e. record id) is Account ID.

Can you elaborate what you mean by 'I had this expression in SFM'? What is the expression you defined for the source child object?

After creating the expression, did you save the SFM transaction to ensure that the new expression got associated with the SFM transaction?

It is not necessary to use the Record ID (or its equivalent) field though. What is required is to define an expression which will never evaluate to be true for the source child record (which in this case is the same as source header record).

If you have associated an expression which will never be true for source child and still seeing blank row, you can try clicking the Clear ServiceMax Cache icon at the top right corner of the SFM Delivery screen.

0 Likes
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

After few struggles, it works for me now based on what you mentioned here "will never evaluate to be true for the source child record" and "an expression which will never be true". I guess my previously setup was getting Qualification Criteria ("expression" as I referred in my earlier reply) to be True (see my screen capture posted earlier reply). Now I have used this setup - "Account ID is Null" in the source child under Qualification Criteria and it works! I assume I misunderstood the phrase - "dummy qualifying criteria" in the online help section. Thanks for your support.

I'll test it out with real data to see any further error.

Thanks,

Employee
Employee

Re: Why a row is added in Parts, Labor, Expense (associated child) in a SFM transaction Account Object?

Simon Chan​,

Glad to know that the issue is resolved! I didn't see the screenshot you had attached in your reply, as the image didn't load earlier. Otherwise, I would have addressed the correction required to be made to the expression. 'Account Name Is Null' too would have worked.

We will update the online help to make it explicit what the phrase 'dummy qualifying criteria' means.

Regards,

Meenakshi.

Product Team
Product Team

Re: Why a row is added in Parts, Labor, Expense (associated child) in a SFM transaction Account Obj

Hi @sfychan @sbhagwat @brittany_taylor 

We are looking at addressing this issue at the product. ie. if no "Field map for Existing record' configured on target child then lines will not be added by default on the web delivery.

Today mobile delivery, on load shows lines on details section only if "Field map for Existing record" is configured on target child irrespective of its source being header or source child record itself.

This will be applicable to both "Source to Target All" & "Source to New Child Records only" type of processes. 

Just want to understand if there would be a use case where customer wants x number of lines to be added based on x number of source records without "field mapping for existing records" configuration. Let me know

Also please tag people who can share some info on this.

CC @Anita_Dsouza 

0 Likes
Product Team
Product Team

Re: Why a row is added in Parts, Labor, Expense (associated child) in a SFM transaction Account Obj

We will be addressing this behavior in the upcoming release 19.2.The web delivery behavior will be similar to mobile delivery. Details from source will be copied to target child only when 'Field map for existing record' is configured on the SFM. I will reconfirming the availability.

0 Likes