cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you filter a work order sfm so that it will only take the open case and associate that on the work order?

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

how do you filter a work order sfm so that it will only take the open case and associate that on the work order?

I am creating a work order from the location and when it generates the work order it does not link the case. when I hit the search button, it pulls up all the cases that were associated with that location. How can I only get the open one to populate?

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Re: how do you filter a work order sfm so that it will only take the open case and associate that on the work order?

Hi Jeff,

On the SFM to create work order from location, you can add a lookup context filter to the case lookup. You can add a filter to show only cases that are open and choose the case fields you want to display in your search results so that the correct case is selected.

On a separate note, is there any reason why the users wouldn't create the work order from the case directly?

Hope this helps,

MunMun Malik

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Re: how do you filter a work order sfm so that it will only take the open case and associate that on the work order?

MunMun,

Thanks a lot for your input! I will look into creating the filter to get the desired results. You have now got me thinking about the last question that asked. I create the case from the location because I have our installed product tied to it. We take care of our own equipment and the customer does not actually see it. So I figured that since the building location is what I actually have to deal with more, I would just create the work order from there and tie in the installed product to it. If you have a better way to do this, please I am open to suggestions.

We do have an original support case about our sensor come to me but the installed product and location are already tied to it. I have an email template set up that will drag the address and the installed product information over so that when I dispatch it, it will display all of that to the tech. ( I am not at this moment, using ipads since our techs are not company employees). So I might be going at this backwards. Again, any input is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jeff Jaeger

0 Likes
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Hi Jeff,

We can create Cases from Installed Products or Cases from Account, - both of which include a Location record - and then have an SFM that creates a Work Order from a Case.  This enables us to utilize Case at the phone support level, close it if we can resolve over the phone, but then also allows create a Work Order if we couldn't resolve over the phone and a field service visit is required.  As far as having technicians that are not employees, we have our Subcontractor team set up as licensed Partners where they have access to our org (with specific viewing capabilities).  They use a custom login and use various devices (Android phones/tablets, iPhone, IPad).  There was a learning curve as you would expect, but it is fully functional.

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi Jeff,

If you're already creating a case from the Location, you have the ability to create the work order from that case and it will pull over the Location and Installed Product record directly to the work order. This way you're not going through the extra step of searching for which case to apply to a work order if you create it from Location. That was the intention of my question. Hope this helps.

0 Likes