Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

servicemax sfm creating id as names

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

servicemax sfm creating id as names

Jump to solution

When i create a support case in SFDC with an SFM button on an opportunity, the name of the record is the Id name and not the actually name. Is there anything i can change in the SFM transaction so it creates the record with the name of the product and not the Id?

SFM Id not Name.PNG

Message 1 of 6
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Re: servicemax sfm creating id as names

Jump to solution

Hi Richard,

I ended up creating a formula field and added the Id field as text and that seems to work. Thank you for all your help.

Message 5 of 6
5 Replies
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Bob, have you looked at the option of using SFM mapping to map your 'Product Name' field to the 'Case Name' or 'Opportunity Product Name' field? Some screenshots of your SFM mapping may help with diagnosis if this doesn't help.

Regards, Richard.

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Message 2 of 6
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Richard,

Thanks for helping. Screenshots below.

SFM button mapping.PNG

use date from objects.PNG

Message 3 of 6
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Bob, that shows the field map for existing records. Can you show me the field map for the new records? Did you try mapping the field I suggested in the map for new records?

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Richard,

I ended up creating a formula field and added the Id field as text and that seems to work. Thank you for all your help.

Message 5 of 6
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Jump to solution

Great news Bob!

As your question is now answered then please either select one of the answers as the correct one or mark it as assumed answered.

Regards, Richard

Message 6 of 6
0 Likes