cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@support is there a string for a Work Detail SFM map, where I want to pull back the technician/name of the current user salesforce user Id?

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

@support is there a string for a Work Detail SFM map, where I want to pull back the technician/name of the current user salesforce user Id?

Jump to solution

Previously tried to use SVMX.CURRENTUSERID and got the response from @meenakshi s - "SVMX.CURRENTUSERID is supported only for User lookup fields, not for any other fields. Technician field will be a lookup to Technician/Equipment object and so this SFM literal cannot be used for that field."

Where a Work Order has multiple assignments, I need to identify the Tech on the labour line, who is technically the current user on the iPad.  So can't use Tech:Tech, I need to mapTech:current user Tech.

Where are multiple assigned Technician names stored on the Work Order?

This widget could not be displayed.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired
Retired

Re: @support is there a string for a Work Detail SFM map, where I want to pull back the technician/name of the current user salesforce user Id?

Jump to solution

Only the primary technician's name is stored in Work Order in Technician field. The other assigned technicians' names are not stored. Only events are created for the other technicians and these events are assigned to the Salesforce users associated with the assigned technicians.

If your requirement is to auto-populate a technician lookup field in a Work Detail record with the technician associated with the Salesforce user who creates the work detail record, you can achieve it using a before insert trigger on Work Detail.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Retired
Retired

Re: @support is there a string for a Work Detail SFM map, where I want to pull back the technician/name of the current user salesforce user Id?

Jump to solution

Only the primary technician's name is stored in Work Order in Technician field. The other assigned technicians' names are not stored. Only events are created for the other technicians and these events are assigned to the Salesforce users associated with the assigned technicians.

If your requirement is to auto-populate a technician lookup field in a Work Detail record with the technician associated with the Salesforce user who creates the work detail record, you can achieve it using a before insert trigger on Work Detail.

View solution in original post