Community Manager
Community Manager
6 7 1,208
‎10-31-2017 03:30 PM

The excitement never quite stops at ServiceMax. From our recent Maximize conferences (in Las Vegas, Tokyo, and soon Berlin) to our spot in the Magic Quadrant, we are truly growing and evolving as a company. As we progress, we want to make sure our systems that support our customers progress too. Thus, we’re extremely excited to announce that Deirdre Yee and I are in the midst of enhancing our overall Community with a new look and feel, as well as launching a brand-new Customer Support Portal led by George Piper and his Support Team.

As many of you know, we were acquired by GE Digital in January of this year. We believe it is time to bring over that “GE Digital” look and feel we love to our Community. Besides the updated appearance, we are reorganizing the content to make it easier for you to share with others, navigate through, learn from, and collaborate with.

There will be no major changes that affect your registration, your content, or your earned points.

The Community will remain your entry to the new Customer Support Portal, so accessing support will still remain the same. Our new Support Portal is built on the Salesforce Community platform. As soon as you log in, you’re welcomed by various avenues of support and resources

You can explore our Knowledge Base to browse by topics, review trending articles, or view product impacting updates and announcements. If you can’t find what you are looking for in there, the Case Management space offers you a place to create a case. As a Premier Support customer, you will also have access to reports and dashboards designed to help monitor your cases with Support.

We’ve heard your feedback and these upcoming changes embody what you’ve told us. You want faster, quicker, and easier to navigate systems set in place, and we’re ready to deliver. We hope that our updated Community infrastructure and new Customer Support Portal will be a place that can both improve your ServiceMax experience and also help us understand what you need and what’s important for you.

We will continue to update you as the changes become closer, but please reach out to me, Deirdre Yee​, or George Piper for any other questions you might have!

What does this mean for me? The updated Community will have a better user experience: content will be more organized and visible, and the space itself will be more open, allowing for more open communication between the ServiceMax Team and community users.

The new Customer Support Portal will provide you with a seamless case management process that is still managed by our Technical Support Team.

What is required of you? Nothing right now! In the near future for the new Customer Support Portal, those with a current self-service user will receive an email with greater detail. This email will include timelines, accessing the new portal and information on the deprecation of the old portal.

When will this be available? We will be launching the final Community updates and the new Customer Support Portal on Monday December 4, 2017.

We'd love to get your input. What works on the Community? What do you want more of? Let us know and we can incorporate it into our future plans!

7 Comments
Community Manager
Community Manager

December 4th is approaching quickly! While we are not taking the site into maintenance mode, you might see Community branding changes happening in real-time throughout this week.

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns! Thanks!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Anyone who was registered for this community prior to December 4th, 2017 should have received a badge and ten points today! We think your participation in our original, orange community is worth recognizing.

Thanks all, and please let me know if you have any helpful feedback regarding the new design!

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

I created a discussion for feedback

Dec 2017 Community Updates Feedback 

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Nicole GuzzoDeirdre Yee

After migrating to new portal, I am not able to see the Idea# of newly created Idea. When I try to add any comment on Idea or discussion on community, comments section does not keep the focus but takes me to top of the page and would not let me see what is being typed. Good part of this change is that Customer Support portal and SVMX community sites use same user name password to log-in but User experience on the community site is not good when compared to previous UI. I am using Chrome Browser ver 62. I see something like below screenshot when I go to Ideas page.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Whoa, this doesn't seem right! Let me investigate all the issues you mentioned, and I will get back to you ASAP!

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

I had the same problem with it jumping to the top of the page when i started typing in a comment in the old orange community too. It only happened randomly and not for every comment, but I couldn't work out what was causing it

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Nicole Guzzo, I am able to reproduce this error and have been having it for a while just didn't get around to logging etc. I believe it is related to copying and pasting into the message. Links etc, try pasting in the url for another community page and then writing more text after it. Happy to get on a go to meeting and show you if you want.

Coming Soon: Overall Community Updates & NEW Customer Support Portal

Regards, RIchard

About the Author
- Community expert - Social media lover - Raving fan of our customers - Overall good time