Community Cook-Off: New Badges!

Community Manager
Community Manager
2 7 532
‎04-19-2019 12:06 PM

Over the last few weeks, we've been working on the ServiceMax Community Kitchen's gamification program: Community Cook-Off. From today until Monday, we are launching 56 new badges you can receive. The ways you can earn them vary, from creating your own content, to engaging with others, or even signing in!

The cool thing about this wave of badges you can earn is you will be credited for all the work and activity you've done in the past. Yes, even in Jive! And anyone can earn them, even ServiceMax employees. Some of our users may have even see 

Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 3.37.26 PM.png

To see a majority of the badges, follow the steps below. I say majority because a handful of badges will be hidden because if you knew how to earn them, it'd be too easy to game the system!

To review badges you've earned and can earn:

1.  Go to "My Profile"
  2.  In the upper right hand corner, there are a bunch of badge images.
  3. Click "View All Badges"
  4. Click on each image to learn how you can earn that badge. If any image is a solid color, you've already earned the badge. (Congrats!) If it's "greyed-out", you have the opportunity to earn it.

You might see some with the same image, but in different colors. That's because we've put together a "tiering" system. The MAXGreen color is entry level. The MAXBlue is low level. The HellaGreen is medium level. The HellaBlue is the highest level (for now).

Yes, those are our brand color names! :)

And they all have kitchen-related names, to stick with the ServiceMax Community Kitchen theme!

I plan to highlight all the badges, but today we'll start with 4.

Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 3.42.28 PM.png

Compliments from the Guest: Receive a certain amount of likes from your peers.

Entry level: 15
Low level: 75
Medium level: 200
High level: 350

Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 3.46.02 PM.png

Culinary Collaboration: Reply to other users' content!

Entry level: 10
Low level: 50
Medium level: 200
High level: 300

Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 9.04.48 AM.png

The Right Ingredients: Your replies were marked as solutions!

Entry level: 10
Low level: 50
Medium level: 150
High level: 250

Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 9.08.03 AM.png

Cookbook Contributions: Reply to others, post content, and receive a likes a certain amount of times!

Entry level: 75 replies, 75 total posts, 100 likes
Low level: 150 replies, 150 total posts, 175 likes
Medium level: 200 replies, 200 total posts, 225 likes
High level: 300 replies, 300 total posts, 350 likes

Let me know if you have any thoughts, questions, or ideas!

7 Comments
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi @Nicole_Guzzo , this is HellaCool!

I wonder if a badge that rewards people for marking replies as solutions would be a good one to add? It may help nudge people to mark solutions which I know is something you are hoping will be more prevalent in this new community.

Thanks for the updates!

Regards, Richard

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @richard_lewis, yes, great idea!! I had a similar thought. I added "The Right Ingredients" badges on Friday, which does award people when a number of their replies are marked as solutions!

Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 9.45.32 AM.png

Take a look, and let me know if you don't see that as an option under "VIEW ALL BADGES". 

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi @Nicole_Guzzo , that rewards people when they have their replies marked as a solution but I was looking for an incentive to get people to do the marking. To encourage those who ask the initial questions to select a reply and mark it as the solution. It doesn’t work without that. Does that make sense?

Regards, Richard

Community Manager
Community Manager

@richard_lewis Ahh, yes! Love it. I'll add that to my list!

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi @Nicole_Guzzo , being a curious cat I am looking for how I can tell badge by badge who has earned each one. Is there a way to do that?

Are there any plans for badge leaderboards?

Do the badges grant you points when awarded to help you progress through the chef ranks?

Regards, Richard

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @richard_lewis!

We're working on a leaderboard for badges, yes! We do want to be able to highlight top badge earners.

And yes, they definitely do!!! As you earn badges, you're completing the same types of activities that take you through those ranks.

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Thanks @Nicole_Guzzo , so no bonus amount of points when you reach each badge threshold? That is kind of what I was asking about.

Regards, Richard

About the Author
You can usually find me posting on the Community, tweeting off the ServiceMax account, or telling some of our great customer stories.