This bit is easy – visit often, ask questions, watch videos, share resources, answer the questions you know, and enjoy!
Things that make the community work well, for everyone:
1) Don’t be afraid to get involved! These are some suggestions to help you understand the content shared here. They are not set in stone rules and you shouldn’t let worrying about breaking them stop you from sharing! Today I found a great online tool for sharing large files. Really useful and fast. So I shared it! I encourage you to do the same – the community is a fun and friendly place and you should waste no time in sharing thoughts, questions, files, links, videos, and other interesting content here!
2) Be thorough. Before replying or posting a comment to a post, read the original post and other comments. Understand the whole post and reply thread before you post your reply. If you do not understand the original post or question, ask questions to get clarity.
3) Be professional. Say online what you would say when speaking face-to-face to the original poster. Know that your message will be seen by others, too.
4) Be respectful. Appreciate others’ opinions. If you need to correct a mistake or incorrect statement posted in a discussion, do so in an amicable manner.
5) Stay on topic. The ServiceMax Community is divided up into groups to ensure anyone interested in particular industries and products can easily find the information. Please post your resources, questions, and everything else in the right area make it easy for others to answer your questions. If you have information on a different topic than the one to which you are replying, start a new discussion by posting a new question or topic in the forum. Have a discussion that doesn’t fit into any existing forums? Message the group owner and ask for a new forum!
6) Be careful. Don’t share personal information you are not comfortable with the whole community seeing. We can't guarantee all information posted by the community. Always consider any advice carefully before following.
7) Respect the purpose of the community. The ServiceMax Community is provided for networking, sharing best practices, and collaborating. It is not for direct advertising, overtly competing for clients or recruits, or promoting competing services. It is not a place for job listings. It is not intended for the promotion of third party services, products, websites, or organizations. No spam! Please refrain from posting content that would constitute advertising, junk mail, spam, chain letters, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation.
8) Keep it appropriate and keep it legal. Of course, any posts with profanities, racist, sexist, abusive, threatening, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or other offensive content in them will be deleted. Any posts which contain illegal material will also be deleted. Any posts with a link directing users to any information or content that, if posted on the forum, would constitute a violation of the Guidelines or Conditions of Use will be deleted.
9) Give recognition for help! If someone has provided useful feedback, or posted a great resource, it’s nice to recognize the help they have given you. This can be done by Endorsing them on their profile.
10) Let me know! Help keep the community friendly, clean, and useful! If you see any posts or content that seem inappropriate or seem to breach the Community Guidelines report them to the Community Manger.
11) Have Fun!
The community is what you make of it. Share your favorite videos, ask questions, be playful, network and meet new contacts across industries and regions. Let us know what you want so that we can continue to build and grow the community into a invaluable resource for you!
A handful of things that have no place in our community:
Disrespecting other people
We want people to feel comfortable about posting their questions and answers on the forums. Angry rants or 'flames' don't help achieve this and the moderators will delete them. Please don't post inflammatory messages designed to foster arguments (this is also known as 'trolling'). If you see any of these please don't respond as this will make the situation worse: report the post to a moderator using the ‘Report Abuse’ option available on each post.
Also don’t post any spam such as advertisements for other web sites and services, or other commercial solicitation; chain letters, or pyramid schemes.
Inappropriate or illegal material
Any posts with profanities, racist, sexist, abusive, threatening, defamatory, obscene or pornographic content in them will be deleted. Any posts which contain illegal material will also be deleted. Any posts with a link directing users to any information or content that, if posted on the forum, would constitute a violation of the Guidelines or Conditions of Use will be deleted.
I'm obsessed with collaboration, networking, and social engagement. I'll work with clients on little things like @mentioning another admin in the thread, someone who is working on the same kind of project. Or big things, like getting a contact on an interview with Fortune Magazine or putting them on a huge keynote stage. Collaboration tools, fun in-person events, virtual calls and meetings, these are my areas to geek out, and helping you meet peers who are valuable connections is my work joy. At home, it's softball, Marlo (dog), Vermont, music.