Your Feedback: Community Relaunch

Community Manager
Community Manager
2 27 276

We’re excited to announce the official relaunch our customer community, the ServiceMax Community Kitchen! Thanks for your patience through our short maintenance window this week.

The community includes the same great content, users, and recipes as before, but with a new look and feel, a lot of powerful new functionality, even more exposure for the learnings and knowledge you can find there, and is built on a brand-new platform: Khoros (formerly Lithium+Spredfast, they went live with their new brand yesterday!)

What to do:

Prior to logging in, you’ll need to reset your password. Click “Log In”, and then select “Forgot password”.

If you don’t have an account, follow our Registering and Requesting Access guide to get started.

For a few users, who had ‘.’ Or ‘@’ or any other special characters in their username, your username is slightly different. See the FAQ!

For some guides to this new platform, see our "Your Recipe for Success" documents.

The ServiceMax and Khoros teams have worked incredibly hard on this relaunch. We hope you'll take some time to explore the new areas, set up, and design, and comment any feedback you have below!

It's your ideas and suggestions that keep the Community evolving.

Thanks!

27 Comments
Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

How about a search box top right to quickly search for content. Searching is not currently very intuitive. Or maybe a how to guide on searching.

Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Will there be some badges or similar that we can earn or work towards?

Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Is there a way to add photos of ourselves to our profile page?

Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

I cannot tell at a glance on a post if I have liked it or not. Is there a way to show this? Maybe with a green like button if I have already liked it?

Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

When I search for a user it appears to search using their username rather than their actual name. Which for some of my searches means i get no results even though I know they exist in the community. Can this be adjusted?

Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Share button on posts is still not working

Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

How does something drop off my notifications feed when i have read it? I currently cant tell which items in the feed I have read and which I haven't.

Fry Chef mmoran
Fry Chef

Would be good to send an email to all community members telling them they need to rest their password and encourage them to checkout the new community.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@richard_lewis Love all the feedback / finding of bugs - keep it coming! I'll give you updates to the as I tackle each one!

Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Hi @nicoleguzzo, can you add the defects that were highlighted in the test system to this thread as well so people can see that they are outstanding as well?

Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

I think there may be an issue with the About the author function as it shows me my information on this post when Nicole wrote it.

Capture4.PNG

Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Where can I view a list of all of the content I have created?

Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Is the signature supposed to show up on every comment/reply I make? It seems to be showing on a discussion reply but not the reply to a blog post for example.

Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

When you click on the photo of someone it brings up a pop up which you then have to click again to open their profile. Can this step be removed and it just open the profile when you click on the photo?

Employee
Employee

How do we reply directly to a post/comment rather than just at the end of the thread?

Employee
Employee

How can I tell that I've liked a post without hovering over the thumbs up and waiting for the info blurb?

Employee
Employee

How do I like a comment on an Idea?

Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Is there any functionality available to mark comments as helpful?

Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

I like the Retired status on the ServiceMax employees. It definitely helps us identify who is no longer working for ServiceMax.

Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

I am looking at all Scheduling Ideas but don't have a toolbar at the side that allow me to select ideas based on status. how is this achieved? I want to be able to zone in on ideas that are considered, on the roadmap etc. for this area now i have navigated to it.

https://community.servicemax.com/t5/Work-Planning-Scheduling-Ideas/idb-p/Work_Planning_and_Schedulin...

Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Re my last comment on Ideas, it looks like there are widgets you can add. There is one for labels and one that looks redundant at the bottom for Idea Exchange Dashboard. Could another one we added at the top for the Idea status? Or under labels for example.

Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

I am also interested in what the expectation should be for feedback on our feedback. Is there a review session in our future similar to the ones we had before launch? Some of the points that have been mentioned actually affect usability of the community so will impact adoption, so I guess I am curious on the priority assigned to each of them.

Employee
Employee

@richard_lewis  @nicoleguzzo   I think there is some additional clean up to do with employees as I have found some employees still showing active who are no longer with ServiceMax.

Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

I sent Nicole and Deirdre an email just now about a consistent username format for ServiceMax employees as its quite important in this new community.

yours is perfect lisa_mercer

Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef
Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Re the Avatar issue. I re-uploaded it and that seems to have fixed it. Wierd!

Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

How do I tell who has been awarded the same badge as me?

About the Author
Global Business Systems Analyst Working with Pitney Bowes and the ServiceMax solution since 2011. I have worked on deploying ServiceMax to Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Ireland, United Kingdom, Canada and the US. I have worked on support, business analysis, architectural reviews, design, requirements gathering, implementation, testing management etc. I am a certified ServiceMax Advanced Administrator. NB: Any views/suggestions/recommendations given on this community are my own and do not represent the views/ recommendations/suggestions of Pitney Bowes.