Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certification Maintenance Program Requirements

Certification Maintenance Program Requirements

Employee
Employee
2 21 2,363
‎04-07-2017 12:36 PM

ServiceMax Certified Administrators and Advanced Administrators:  You may be at risk of losing your ServiceMax Certified Administrator credentials if you have not completed certification maintenance requirements. 

If certification requirements as listed below are not completed by the due date listed on the website, your credentials will expire and you will be required to purchase and retake the FULL EXAM to regain the credential.  If you are a ServiceMax Certified Advanced Administrator, it will expire at this time as well. 

To prevent your credential from expiring, you must  complete the online Release Training and Exam.

To take the exam:

1. Go to https://servicemax.litmos.com/
  2. Login using your LMS username and password
  3. Click on the Course Library tab
  4. Locate and click on the Release Training course
  5. Click the Start This Course button
  6. You will be able to take the exam once you've watched the videos

You have three attempts to pass the exam.  The passing score is 75%.  The primary reference materials for this exam are the Release Training video content and the release notes (available via User Docs). 

Once you've successfully completed the current Release Training, your status in the program will remain active and you will be fully current until the following release. 

Please contact us at servicemax.product-training@ge.com for inquiries. 

Regards,

ServiceMax Product Certification Team

21 Comments
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Could you tell me how everyone was informed of this? I didn't receive an email about this until April 20th. Which, was already past the re-certification date. I have never needed to update anything before. It was so sudden and private that I didn't even know about this until after it was too late.

Are you going to give partners some time to actually take this exam? It shows that this was posted on April 7th and you had 6 days to take the test. That is a very small amount of time.

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Dana Levitt  I do not have access to view the Summer '16 Release Training as mentioned in the Servicemax Community in my course library, also it advises that if this is not completed by April 13, 2017, my credentials will expire. This cannot be the case under the circumstances where there has been no notification to admins via email and only posted this to the community.

Line Chef
Line Chef

Iam too surpirsed seeing this notification. I didn't received any email about this certification credentials expiration

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

It would seem necessary for ServiceMax Partner Managers to reach out to the partners directly about this drastic change. It seems that all of our credentials have expired after spending thousands to get them... I wish I would have received a direct email with a high importance and I would have completed the course work necessary to maintain the credential.

Employee
Employee

Scott  and Srikrishna -

Sorry that you did not get the communications.   We will extend your credentials so that you have time to watch the video and take the test.      The goal is to keep people up to date on the latest releases and not to take away credentials.  

I will also check the communication lists for emails.

Thank you,

Harriet

@Tom Wilson

@Toby Donald

Ruth Protpakorn

Line Chef
Line Chef

Harriet - could you please assist me in this area too.  I have emailed twice requesting to be sent my login details to be able to sit the exam to keep my credentials however have not heard back from anyone.  I have tried resetting my password via the forgot password function however receive no email to be able to reset.  Your help would be appreciated so I can sit the exam asap.

Kind Regards Julie

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Could you please let us know the time frame? Also, I would think that many other people are having this issue as well, one of my colleagues too. I would think that it would be extremely beneficial if ServiceMax were to have partner managers reach out to all of their customers with direct emails and high importance to let all of your partners and customers know that this has been implemented so they know.

As for my colleague, I'm sure she would like a chance to keep her credential.Debbie Berry

Retired
Retired

Julie White​, Scott Bub​, Srikrishna kolanu

Apologies for any confusion. Emails have to been sent to active certification holders since last fall when the Summer '16 release was first made available. But, clearly, something is amiss. Please contact servicemax.product-training@ge.com​ for assistance with the certification maintenance process, accessing Litmos (our LMS) and to ensure we have a current email address on file for you. We'll continue to honor passing scores on the Summer '16 release exam until the Summer '17 release becomes available (ETA is mid-July 2017). By that time you will also need to have passed the Winter '17 release exam which became available in April (the original deadline for Summer '16 exam).

For clarity's sake, the official deadline for completion of a release exam is the date on which the subsequent release becomes available. So, the Winter '17 release exam must be completed before the Summer '17 release becomes available. Likewise, the Summer '17 release exam must be completed before the release after that - and so on. There is typically a three or four month window between releases - plenty of time to complete release training and pass an exam. We will continue to email certification holders directly (using the address on file) as each deadline approaches, we'll highlight releases and exam deadlines in our monthly partner newsletter and we'll absolutely get more proactive with updates here on the Partner Community as well.

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Hi Dana Levitt,

Since I did not get a personal email reminding me of the Summer '16 requirements (I passed my exam in February this year) I was hoping to be able to complete the Winter '17 courses in time, but I cannot find them in my library. What do I do wrong? Thanks, RvW

course library 2017 05 29.png

Employee
Employee

Hi Rob,

I went ahead and manually added you to the Winter '17 release training, so you should get an email from our Litmos Learning Management System and you should also see the course now when you log in (https://servicemax.litmos.com). If it's still not showing up, though, send me a message and I'll look into it right away.

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Hi Dean,

Thank you. No email received yet, but I can see the training when I log in.

Will complete this one in time ☺.

Thanks and regards,

Rob

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Hi Dean,

I was too fast, email received a few minutes later ☺.

Thanks and regards,

Rob

Line Chef
Line Chef

Hi,

I am unable to see the winter release exam certification in my course library (and neither I got any emails for Winter release)

Regards,

Puneet Khosla

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Maintaining successfully.

Line Chef
Line Chef

Consistently Maintaing the Certifications and want to explore more on Field Service Side

Line Chef
Line Chef

Hi Dana ,

I am not able to login into my account and due to which not able to clear my maintainence Summer 17 . I tried many times but reset password link is not coming on my registered email id .

Username : bharat.arora@wipro.com

Email         : bharat.arora@wipro.com

Email Alt    : bharatarora1322@gmail.com

Can you please help me on this , as 24th Oct is the last day to complete.

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Dana Levitt​ Hi Dana, is it possible that I would go for advanced certification without attending any training. Please let me know if it is possible by any means..

Employee
Employee

Hi Prafulla,

The SVMX101 certification is required to attend the SVMX201.  Although it is highly recommended to take the SVMX101 course, you do have the option to take the 101 exam without attending class should you have prior experience administering ServiceMax.   We offer both virtual and instructor-led versions of our courses and both exams are derived directly from our course content.    Please reach out to me directly should you have further questions.  Thank you!

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

I do not see Release Training beyond Summer '16, which I completed. Please advise on how to get access to the other Release training modules and maintenance exams.

Employee
Employee

Hi Trey,

I've now added you to the Certified Individuals team and assigned both the Winter '17 and Summer '17 Release Training courses.

You should have immediate access to these courses and receive email notifications shortly, but if you do not receive the emails or need additional help, please contact us at servicemax.product-training@ge.com. Thanks!

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Dana Levitt​ Hi Dana, I have already completed SVMX101 certification,and wants to go for the advanced certification. Need your guidance for the same.  i do not want to go for the training , simply I wantedto attend the certification exam.

About the Author
Born and bred in Service (with a capital S) as I started with Kodak in 1981 as Service Technician. Had many roles in Service and connected management roles.