Enabling Condition based PM Plans

Employee
Employee
0 10 1,668
‎07-28-2017 09:21 AM

Condition based Preventive Maintenance Plans allow you to set up a Preventive Maintenance Plan that creates Work Orders based on single or multiple conditions such as the number of miles driven and/or transactions completed, with conditions coming from manual entries or IoT signals. This is an addition to time based Preventive Maintenance Plans, such as every six months or every year. Learn how to set up condition based Preventive Maintenance Plans in this video.

10 Comments
Roast Chef mark_v3553
Roast Chef

Hi, is there a specific step needed to enable condition based preventive maintenance plans? The buttons explained in the video are not visible and I wondered if there was some settings within the org which may need to be activated for this function to be available. Any help or advice would be great!

Thank you,

Mark

Employee
Employee

Dean Ichikawa - We are on the latest version of ServiceMax and don't see the new button, New Condition Based PM. How does one enable that?

Employee
Employee

The button is available on the list view (after you click go) and Search Results. You can also add the button, that's the URL to launch:

/apex/SVMXC__PREV_SetupPMPlanTemplate

Employee
Employee

Sorry, I didn't notice either of these comments until today! Here are the steps to add a button that Mourad described.

1. Create the button:
    1. Go to Salesforce Setup > Create > Objects and select the PM Plan Template object
    2. From the Buttons, Links, and Actions section, click the New Button or Link button
      1. Enter a Label, Name, and Description for the button
      2. Set the Display Type to List Button (keep default values of Display Checkboxes checked, BehaviorDisplay in existing window with sidebar, and Content Source URL)
      3. Enter the URL that Mourad mentioned (/apex/SVMXC__PREV_SetupPMPlanTemplate) in the big open text box
      4. Click Save
  2. Add new button to list view:
    1. From the PM Plan Template object, go to the Search Layouts section
    2. Click Edit next to "PM Plan Templates List View"
    3. In the Custom Buttons section, move your new button over to the Selected Buttons side
    4. Click Save
  3. The new button should now appear

condition-based-button.png

Roast Chef mark_v3553
Roast Chef

Hi Dean Ichikawa, thank you for that - done this!

Question though please, it is possible to create a condition which will create a WO based on the last WO completed date, to make the WO creation more dynamic. Example: if the PM WO was completed on the 01/03, and was monthly (so was planned for 01/04) - but we didn't actually attend the site until 08/03 that it would create the next WO on the 08/04 and not the 1st to ensure we visit exactly monthly? Hope that makes sense, what I have asked?

BR, Mark

Employee
Employee

If I'm understanding your question, you actually would want to create a time-based PM Plan Template instead with the Type set to "Dynamic" and the Activity set to "Completed Date Time". And then set the min and max values to whatever fits your needs. This was a Winter '17 release feature and the video for it is here:

Video Link : 1472

Roast Chef mark_v3553
Roast Chef

Thanks Dean Ichikawa​ is this only available in Winter 17; we currently use Autumn 17, is there somewhere we can enable this?

Employee
Employee

Yes, it's Winter '17, which sounds odd, but it actually came out at the beginning of 2017 before Autumn '17, so it should be included. Do your PM Plan Templates have a ​Type field that can be set to "Dynamic"? If so, you should be able to configure it to your needs (no special button required, you would use the ​New PM Plan Template button instead of the Condition-based one described above).

Roast Chef mark_v3553
Roast Chef

Hi Dean Ichikawa​ - thank you for the reply. I only have the option in PM Plan Templates of Fixed and Actual, no Dynamic? Is this something we can look to enable in Autumn 17, or to get it do we need to think about upgrading. Regards, Mark

Employee
Employee

Hi Mark, sorry for the delayed response, I just got back from leave. And my apologies, Actual = Dynamic, I believe they changed the name of the setting shortly after I created the Winter '17 training video. So you should be able to accomplish with the release you're on, although you might want to upgrade to take advantage of other improvements. Contact support if it's not working properly, though, they should be able to look into your specific situation and get it working for you.