How to change default location on Dispatch console Map

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef
6 6 1,239
‎02-04-2016 08:30 AM

Hi All, Is it possible to change the default location in dispatch console map based on User country because currently it is pointing at California for even Users in Japan when they open dispatch console

Thanks.

Srikanth.

6 Comments
Employee
Employee

Hi Srikanth Challa​,

You would have to go to Setup -> Manage Users -> Users -> Select User (click edit) -> scroll to "Dispatch Console Setting" field (May need to add to the page layout). There you will find the  mapDefaultLat="34.079962" mapDefaultLng="-118.23761" . You will have to change the latitude and longitude. You will have to this for each and every user which uses the dispatch console.

DispatchConsoleSetting.jpeg

-Godo

DispatchConsoleSetting​ calendar map​

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

It worked! Thanks for very quick response

Employee
Employee

If the values of default latitude and longitude need to be changed for multiple dispatchers to the same values, you can do the following, if your org is on ServiceMax release Summer 15 or above:

1. Update the value of mapDefaultLat and mapDefaultLng in the Dispatch Console Settings field of the User record of a Super Dispatcher (checkbox Is Super Dispatcher? checked in the User record).

2. Login as the above Super Dispatcher, launch Dispatch Console, and click the Deploy button in the Settings area (bottom left).

3. Select the dispatchers for whom the default map latitude and longitude must be updated.

4. In the Settings tab of the Deploy UI Settings dialog box, uncheck the All settings checkbox, expand the group Technician, and check only Default latitude and Default longitude checkboxes - see screenshot below (from Win 16):

5. Click Deploy.

To change the default value for new users when their user record is created, update the values of the above settings in the custom user settings xml file as described in the online help section How to Customize Org-wide Default Values (ServiceMax Online Help  - under Dispatch and Scheduling > Dispatch Console > User Settings > Default Values).

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

I'm having trouble with this. I'm assuming you mean Settings in Salesforce, but when I try this, there is no "Dispatch Console Settings" field. Your post says you may need to add it, but I'm not sure how to do this. Could you please let me know.

Thank you

Employee
Employee

Jim Weydman​ ,

This is a field on the user object.  You need to add the 'Dispatch Console Settings' field to the User Page Layout and edit the appropriate set of data per the instructions Godo provided.

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Thank you

This worked perfectly. We now have the dispatch map set up correctly

Thanks

Jim Weydman

24/7 Technology

678 905 3365

www.247technology.com<http://www.247technology.com>