PM Plan not Creating Work Orders

Sushi Chef schalla02
Sushi Chef
0 9 484

HI All, I created a PM template, PM Plan and PM process as below. So as per PM schedule Work Orders should be created on 2/7/2016, but unfortunately they were not created. Can any one help me out where exactly I did mistake?

PM Template:

PM Plan from Account:

PM Process

Thanks,

Srikanth

9 Comments
Employee
Employee

Can you please check if the Scheduled ran successfully and picked this PM process?

Sushi Chef schalla02
Sushi Chef

Thank you Naveen for getting back to me. Am I supposed to schedule any batch? If not how to check if PM Process ran successfully?

Thanks,

Srikanth.

Employee
Employee

An OOTB scheduler is running and it automatically picks matching PM plans based on Schedule setup on the PM  Process. Did you receive a success/failure notification on the email id setup in the PM process? If yes, from the logs attached to it, you will be able to get the execution status of the PM process.

Sushi Chef schalla02
Sushi Chef

Naveen, I didn't receive any email regarding success/failure. Also debug log was not showing any activities.

Please have a look at the Scheduled Apex classes and let me know if the OOTB is scheduled.

Sushi Chef schalla02
Sushi Chef

ServiceMax SCON Scheduler is submitted by Inactive User. Is that something which is causing the Issue?

Thanks,

Srikanth.

Employee
Employee

Yes. That could be the reason.

Sushi Chef schalla02
Sushi Chef

I activated the User and also will change the time in PM process to 1PM CST which is one hour from now and check if it works

Sushi Chef schalla02
Sushi Chef

Even though I activated the User it did not picked up the Active PM Plans which need to create Work Orders tonight

Sushi Chef schalla02
Sushi Chef

It worked when I recreated the SCON Scheduler class. Thank you Naveen in helping me resolving the Issue.

How To :: Refresh the SCON Scheduler