cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add access to Dispatch Console map functionality for countries where Google is not accessible

Add access to Dispatch Console map functionality for countries where Google is not accessible

Would like access to Dispatch Console map funtionality for countries where Google is not accessible, such as China.

Are there any plans to add this funtionality in future releases? What are other customers doing currently where the Map funtionality is not accessible for certain countries?

We are currently on Winter 15', and are planning an upgrade in the Fall to Spring 16'.

Google Is Blocked In 25 Of The 100 Countries They Offer Products In | TechCrunch

Google China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
Our Service Team in China requires that they track Field Service Engineer activies by viewable map data.
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
There is no current solution to this issue as of today. We'v not yet luanched ServiceMax to our China subsidiary, however looking to do so in 2017 and are curretly in the planning stages with the team.
Product Area?
Scheduling & Dispatch
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Spring 15
18 Comments
Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

Chris Shelgren​  This thread will be useful for you.

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Mayhul Jain

Great, thank you for your reply!

Sonia

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Delivered

Delivered with release 19.1 in Service Board. The maps are powered by Mapbox, which is accessible from China.

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

I'm not certain if you've heard this from others or perhaps something different.

I spoke to users in China yesterday and they informed me that OSM is very slow and most people don't use it for this reason, these folks are located in Beijing.

Thanks!

Sonia

Product Team
Product Team

Hi @sonia_genesse thanks for the info. We wouldn't be using OSM directly. We'd be using MapBox, which provides enterprise level services and so should not have that kind of performance problems. We'll keep an eye on it regardless, thanks again!

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Hi @gabriele_bodda 

Thanks for being more specific regarding OSM/MapBox.

Since this request was specific to China, does this mean this service would actually be using the Mapbox.cn infrastructure?

Thanks again!

Sonia

Product Team
Product Team

Hi @sonia_genesse,

We just rely on Mapbox to provide data regardless of the location. They will likely use their local infrastructure, but that's transparent to us. If it is important, we can find out for you. @mayhul 

Kind regards,
Gab

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

@gabriele_bodda , @mayhul 

I think this would be worthwhile knowing if it's specific to the users local, or something else.

Thanks again,

Sonia