cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign a technician (resource) to multiple service teams

Hi,

It would be great if we will be able to link technician to more then 1 service team.

Use case for example: Project management

Each project is a case.

Projects assignments are work order under the case.

Project team is a service team

Each resource can be working on several projects in parallel. On other words, he should be assigned to several service teams (project teams)

Thanks

Nir

Product Area?
Communities Reporting & Analytics Work Order Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 16
5 Comments
Retired
Retired

Nir,

Currently in ServiceMax, a Technician can be assigned to multiple Work Orders by different Dispatchers who have Dispatch Access to the Technician's Service Team. In my implementations this has served the same purpose without running into the current design limitation of a Tech being only assigned to a single Service Team. Would this work in your Use Case?

regards,

Wyatt

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Wyatt, thanks for your answer.

The problem that this engineer should be dispatched by two different dispatchers from two different service teams. The technician himself should be linked to two service teams and see all the events in his calendar. Dispatcher A should not have access to service team B and dispatcher B should not have access to service team A.

The engineer should be a resource in both service team A and service team B.

To solve this theoretically we can create two technicians records for this engineer that will be linked to the same SF user but this is not pretty. Moreover, it may cause issues regarding trunk stock management of that engineer.

I will be happy to hear if you have a work around to solve it.

Thanks

Nir

Retired
Retired

Nir,

Thanks for further explanation on both Dispatchers not to see the other

Service Teams. One other alternative to using two Tech records with the

same SF User that would work for one or VERY few Techs as you describe

would be to set up a single Service Team (just for that Tech) and give both

Dispatchers Dispatch Access to that Tech's (personal) Service Team. This

isn't sustainable for a number of Techs needing the same treatment as the

number of Service Teams and Dispatch Access maintenance to support this

would be overwhelming and possibly impact the Dispatch Consoles performance.

regards,

Wyatt

972-824-9832

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Hi Wyatt,

I considered your suggestion and indeed it would work, I don't like the fact that I need to create for each link between a tech and a service team a new technician/equipment record.

Like you mentioned, that may effect the dispatch console performance.

As a work around we may use it but I still hope in the future ServiceMax will support also the M-M relationship.

Thanks for the help! much appreciated

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Not Planned

Each technician can be assigned to only one team. There are several other ways to handle the scenario described: using Crews, using virtual crews via multi-assign, or simply assigning multiple Jobs to a technician and tracking projects at a higher level.