cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispatch Console - Routes for Technician Mobile Location or Home Location

In Summer 15, the Dispatch Console only showed the home address of the technician.  As a result, the route feature would only show the route from the home address to the work order sites.  When we moved to Summer 16, the map now shows both the mobile location and the home location of the technician.  However, the route still only works for the home address.  We would like the choice to route based on either location.

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
Improved routing on dispatch console.
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
Addressed through a manual effort
Product Area?
Scheduling & Dispatch
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Winter 17
3 Comments
Product Team
Product Team

Susan Michel​ - Do you want the ability to route for events using the mobile location for the entire day?  Or to a specific event?

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Good question Mayhul Jain​.  I got in touch with our dispatch team and received some clarification on this request.  Our use case centers on routing all the work orders on a technician's calendar for a particular day.  My new understanding is that you have three options on the map:  Home, mobile, both.  If either Home or Mobile are selected, then the routes are working fine (contrary to the wording of my idea - sorry about that.)  The piece that doesn't work is if Both is selected on the map.  Then you only get one route from the Home location.  We would like to see both Home and Mobile routed, if possible.

Given this new information, I'd bump down the priority on this request.  My understanding was that the Mobile was not working, and it is good to hear that it is working as expected.

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Not Planned

Closing as "Not Planned" as we do not intend to further enhance DC1 and also based on the previous comment. Looking forward to getting feedback on the corresponding capabilities in Service Board, which are designed in a slightly different way.