cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispatch Console "Reload Data" Always Blinking when Auto Refresh is on

0 Likes

Reload Data’ Button in the Work Order grid of Dispatch Console blinks when ‘Automatically refresh list every X minutes’ option is enabled in ‘Configure Work Order Queue’ –

This is as per design and a visual indication to the user that the auto refresh option is enabled and WO grid will refresh every ‘X’ minutes as configured.

This is confusing because its always blinking so there is no way to catch when is exactly refreshing if the button blinking/flashing is the reference to know when its refreshing.

Dispatch Console WO grid keeps blinking because:

1. WO auto refresh is enabled

2. SET032 has been set as True.

SVMAX 18.2 and Higher

reloadblinking.png

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
This is confusing because its always blinking so there is no way to catch when is exactly refreshing if the button blinking/flashing is the reference to know when its refreshing.
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
Confusion of the functionality/design of button
Product Area?
Scheduling & Dispatch
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Winter 18.2
5 Comments
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi, @gabriele_bodda can you provide some guidance regarding ideas for the dispatch console. I would assume that these would all be set to not planned as the focus going forward is on Service Board and any changes on the Dispatch Console would be break fix only? Please advise.

Regards, Richard

Product Team
Product Team

Hi @richard_lewis, I am in the process of reviewing all ideas and will identify those that made it (or could still make it) into the design of Service Board. Those ideas will be marked as "On the roadmap" or "Under Consideration". 

All the ideas that are very specific to DC1 (like this one) will indeed be closed as "Not planned" since we have no intention to further enhance those capabilities.

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Not Planned

Thanks @omarrodriguez, good feedback. Service Board has indeed be designed to behave in more user-friendly way: the "refresh" button only changes color when there is new data available.

Closing as "Not planned" simply because we do not intend to further enhance DC1. Looking forward to getting feedback on the corresponding capabilities in Service Board.

Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

@gabriele_bodda   Will Ideas that reference DC1 but are applicable to ServiceBoard need to be re-entered?  (I know this one doesn't fall into that category.)

Product Team
Product Team

@lisa_mercer I wouldn't say so. I have already found a couple of interesting DC1 ideas which I have flagged as "Under Consideration" because they are applicable to Service Board (e.g. being able to hide non-working hours to have a more compact Gantt).

We will close as "Not planned" all the ideas that seem too specific to DC1. If something similar comes up for Service Board (e.g. an improved behavior of the refresh icon), it will need to be re-entered with Service Board specific details.