cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispatch forecasted events by skill set [GE Oil & Gas]

Posted on behalf of GE O&G

- Ability to dispatch forecasted events by skill set rather than technician - Forecasting & Planning and to search the appropriate Tech by location

- Ability to tag forecasted WOs and perform skill based planning for forecasted orders.

- Ability to dispatch by multiple skill sets - Enable SM to break down the forecast based on different sources of demand (SFDC, - Manual entries in SM based on actual inquiries, historical data)

- Ability to tag forecasted WOs and perform skill based planning for forecasted orders.

- Ability to Dispatch Work Orders based on forecasted location of Technician (based on future assigned work)

Steps to recreate:

- Go to DC to create WO

- Conduct search of specific skill sets for a job set out multiple weeks in advance

- Appropriate techs are displayed based on what skills are chosen

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
This will help the business determine the appropriate technician to be sent on a certain job based on the job's requirement
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
forecasted jobs managed outside servicemax
Product Area?
Work Order Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 15
1 Comment
Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Not Planned

I am not sure I fully understand the scenario. I assume it's about being able to separate planning (i.e. deciding when a job should be executed) from scheduling (i.e. deciding who should carry out the job). This is not a scenario to address this scenario in the short term (and certainly not in DC1).