Distance and Duration on DC Map

Distance and Duration on DC Map.

Today, the DC map only shows a route between the FSR and WO(s) Location on the map. It would be of value to have the distance and the duration between checkpoints on this route.

My assumption is that Servicemax would already have set a default mode of transport to get the route on the map - e.g. Car. So getting the distance and duration from the google map API shouldnt be a big task. This will help the planner define the travel duration more accurately.

Sometimes, the planner function might be based out of a completely different part of the country or even in a different country (as shared services). In such cases, this duration and distance information between depot - WO - WO - depot would be really useful.

Capture.JPG

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
Better planning / prediction of travel duration by the planner
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
by experience or by opening google maps separately
Product Area?
Communities Scheduling & Dispatch
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Winter 17
10 Comments
Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Hi priyam yogesh​, please provide more information on this idea to allow people to understand it so they can vote on it. A screenshot? An extended description?

Thanks, Richard

Grill Chef priyamyo
Grill Chef

Hi Richard Lewis​,

It's done

Thanks, Priyam

Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Thanks

Fry Chef nabil_zeghache
Fry Chef

Hello,

I think it is a good idea. It should work also for users in China. As I see the screenshot is using Google map, beware that Google map does not work in China (use Baidu instead).

Product Team
Product Team

This idea has been updated to On the Roadmap.

Service Board will include Drive Times in the 19.1 Release (Feb 2019)

Fry Chef casher
Fry Chef

Would the output from the map be available as a data point that is transferred to the WO?   This is something that I have been asked for in our business for quite some time

Product Team
Product Team

Hi Cathy,

Drive Time data will be captured in the event record in Salesforce, which will be associated to the Work Order. Below, I've included an example image displaying the Travel Time to Work Order Location in the hover details of the event record on the Service Board. :

Travel Time 1.jpg

And the travel time data on the event record (at the bottom):

Travel Time 2.jpg

I hope you find this helpful!

Regards,

Lacy Cotton-Hodgson

Fry Chef casher
Fry Chef

Thank you Lacy

Would the milage be captured and sent to Salesforce too?

Product Team
Product Team

Yes, the calendar event record will sync with the corresponding record on the force.com platform!

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Delivered

Delivered with release 19.1 in Service Board