cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event Copy/Paste into the Dispatch Console

I represent the business operation, All users in the Dispatch Console are asking COPY/PASTE function for Event.

As I manage a group, a team, many times in the year I have some events that can be apply to all the team members.

They are Event and not link to a Work Order.

The trigger is the Event itself.

Example: I have a team of 20 people and I want to schedule a Team Meeting in August 2017.

3 days meeting in a specific place.

I need to be able to create One Event against One Resource and then just copy paste for the rest of the team.

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
I want to make quicker and safer the Dispatch process
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
It's not, it's amanual process fro a team of 20 people users need to create 20 Events and schedule based on these 20 entries.
Product Area?
Scheduling & Dispatch
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Winter 17
9 Comments
Product Team
Product Team

Thanks for this idea Richard.  We will definitely include this for the version of our Dispatch Console.  Additionally, we will include recurring events (much like you can do in outlook or google calendar).   Let me know if you have any questions. 

Mayhul Jain

Product Manager - DC

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Thank you Mayhul.

I'm fine with your answer, it's really an enhancement many users in my company are asking for.

Let me know if you need some help to test the new design.

Best regards

Richard COLETTA

Paris  - FRANCE

Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

Mayhul Jain​  Hi!  Would you please provide a status on this - do we know the targeted release or if it is long, medium, short term roadmap?

Thanks!

Chris Wada

Retired
Retired

GE, Horiba and Bayer would also like to see this!

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

I can see this as a useful feature.

Employee
Employee

As a work around (temporarily) while you await this solution you could use:

1. A 'dummy' work order.  You could create an account representing your own business, with a location wherever the team meeting is to held associated with it
  2. You could create a work order linked to that account and location
  3. You could use the 'multi-assign' function available in the work order grid of the dispatch console
    1. Open a WO view or queue in the DC WO grid which contains your dummy WO
    2. hover or click on the WO Number cell of your dummy work order in the work order grid at the top of the DC
    3. A small icon (depicting three dots) will appear on the right hand side of the WO Number cell
    4. Click on this icon to expose a menu of options
    5. Choose the 'Manage Multiple Assignments' option from the context menu
      1. Click on the first technician you would like to add to the meeting in the gantt chart below.  This will add them to the multi-assign window as a row.
      2. Update this row with the proper start date/time and end date/time
      3. Click on each additional technician that you would like to have attend the meeting.  Notice that the start date/time and end date/time you set on the previous row is always defaulted into the next new row, creating the events for all clicked on techs for the same date/time duration.
      4. Here's a quick video clicking through how to add the techs to the work order quickly

The one small caveat here is that if you're very closely reporting on your work order activity, you might want to filter these dummy work orders out of your reports.

Very Best,

-Dan

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Thank you Dan.

Usually the Copy/Paste is used for activities not referring to a WO.

Meetings, PPL, Internal Training, Sickness, etc... activities so called Indirect Activities.

Once you decide to extend the invitation to multiple resources/employees I would like the system to let me to Paste to a service team, a service territory.

Product Team
Product Team

This Idea is still on the Roadmap and tentatively scheduled for Service Board in Release 19.2

Product Team
Product Team

Quick update: this is still on our radar as we move forward with Service Board.

As of 19.1 it will be possible to create recurring events on one resource, but not yet to multi-assign non-work events to multiple resources. We will consider this idea as we plan for releases 19.2 and 19.3.

@mayhul