Getting a WO automatically out of an EVENT

Getting a WO automatically out of an EVENT

Many times as I want to schedule a job I start from the scheduling step.

If I need to schedule a Planned Maintenance, an Upgrade most of the time the trigger is the EVENT itself ( meaning the date an time I want the job to be performed)

Dispatch Console should allow to create an Event, schedule this event and generate automatically the WO in the background as soon as I enter one or two information that will allow the automation.Event Auto WO RC2017.JPG

The process require very few information once the Event is created, actually the piece of equipment is good enough to create the WO in the background.

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
The value of this enhancement is to simplify the steps to handle scheduled job (this is more and more relevant with IOT).We spend more time to manage schedule event than Unscheduled Event such as Emergency/Non emergency Call
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
Not addressed today as ar as I know.
Product Area?
Preventive Maintenance Scheduling & Dispatch
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Winter 16
2 Comments
Product Team
Product Team

Thanks Richard.  Let me research this further (will need to discuss with our Architect) and I will probably come back to you with a few questions. 

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Not Planned

Closing as "Not Planned" as we do not intend to further enhance DC1. We also have no plan, for the moment, to support this kind of reverse scheduling in Service Board. It is an interesting idea, which could probably be handled via customization.