Map showing Assignment Location

I want to see the real location of my resources based on the WO assignment. A solid Service Organization always schedule in advance the work load. Out of the WO you get the location the Service Engineer is assigned to.

I would like to have Service Max to offer the 2 options, either from the WO either from the GPS.

WOMapIdea.JPG

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
You know in advance the geographical distribution of your resource, and you don't need to deal with the legal issue that GPS may trigger within an organization.
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
Today the Map is driven by GPS but there is some location where GPS doesn't work (underground/Faraday Cage/...).
Product Area?
Preventive Maintenance Scheduling & Dispatch Work Order Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 16
3 Comments
Product Team
Product Team

Product Team is planning to address this issue as part of the Service Board features, which will include the ability to ping the new ServiceMax smartphone app to get the the latest location of the technician.

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Delivered

Delivered with release 19.1 in Service Board. The user is able to plot the last known location of the technician, to ping the ServiceMax Go app for an updated location, or to use the WO location by plotting the technician's route. 

Customer Success Team

@rcoletta @nick_sauer FYI this feature is part of our ServiceBoard app, however it won't be addressed in Dispatch Console