cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Board: Ability to print/e-mail/export a gantt chart

It would be great if a print/e-mail/export functionality is available to easily share a current planning with different users which have no access to the service board.

Time range, service teams etc. should be configurable for the print/e-mail/export function.

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
Share technician planning with users which are not dispatchers
Product Area?
Service Board
Tags (3)
6 Comments
Product Team
Product Team

Thanks for the comment @nschmitz .  Would a tabular version that you could export?  If so, that is available in Service Board Admin today.  Just so I understand the use case better, who are the "different users" (i.e. what roles) and how do they use the information?  

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

@mayhul 

I need to see how such a export tabular version looks like. And how can this become available for every user?

As said - this are users which have no access/do not use the service board. Such as Service Responsibles, Backoffice Users, some Field Service engineers. With that functionality a overview of the current planning can be easily shared.

Product Team
Product Team

Hi Norbert - So a user can go into Service Board Admin and filter the information is required.  In this case, I quickly filtered for "dispatched" status and then you can hit export records from the top right.  The columns are configurable. The output would be a csv file.  

Let me know if this might be helpful.  

clipboard_image_0.png

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Hi @mayhul 

I don't think that this will work because no "normal" user will have access to the service board admin section. Correct?

On the other hand - a csv Export may work as a work around. But I clearly prefer to have a export functionality as well of the gantt chart with the coloured bars etc.

Product Team
Product Team

It is a role that you can include for your Dispatchers ("normal" user) so they have access to it.  The launchpad items in this are fully configurable so you could, for example, just limit them to see Jobs in SB Admin and nothing else.  

Understood regarding the desire to have an exportable Gantt of sorts.  I realistically don't see us getting to it in the next couple of releases but i will mark this as under consideration so we don't lost track of it.  

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Under Consideration