Service Board: all day events

In current dispatch console it was possible to assign work orders as "All-Day-Events". This was possible using drag and drop as well as with manage multiple assignments.

In Service Board it is currently not possible to assign work orders on a daily basis.

For our business we need this functionality because as a general rule we plan/dispatch work orders always on a daily basis (as all-day-events). 

I kindly ask you to implement the same functionality in the Service Board as it was available in the Dispatch Console.

Thanks.

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
Dispatching of work orders as all-day-events
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
In Dispatch Console it is possible to dispatch as all-day-events. Not possible in current setup of Service Board.
Product Area?
Service Board
15 Comments
Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: On The Roadmap

Product Team
Product Team

Agreed @nschmitz  - this is definitely a roadmap item for us.  I will let you know once we have committed to a release on this.  

Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

@neil_cook  FYI.

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

All day event is also used on our business

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Fyi @katja_tavi@laurim

Product Team
Product Team

Hi @nschmitz,

Just wanted to clarify if this idea is for non-work events (e.g. Training, Meetings) or for the duration of actual WOs.

For non-work events, we have delivered this capability. When creating a new event in SB, it is now possible to mark it as "All day". I believe this is the feature requested by the other people who commented on this thread. @elina_ristila right?

For work appointments, we expect the appointment duration to be driven by the job/WO. If the WO is an all-day job, you can configure MTTS rules to automatically set the Estimated Duration of the WO to 8-hour or 24-hour (whatever works best for you). 

Kind regards,
Gab

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Delivered

Marking this as "Delivered" as release 19.2 included this enhancement for non-work event creation. For work appointments, the corresponding behaviour can be achieved via MTTS rules.

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

@gabriele_bodda 

Yes - for non-productive events we have now all day events.

But requested was to have it also for work orders - same as in DC before when using manage multiple resources. 

Please keep in mind that dispatching in DB and creating WO might be different. The dispatcher might change the duration of WO's. In our business we mainly plan on daily basis our WO's - therefore the duration calculated in WO's might not work in all cases.

The "all day" flag in DC was perfect for us and we are really looking for a similar functionality in SB. I kindly ask to change back the status of this request accordingly because the request was for WO and not for non-productive event.

Thanks.

Product Team
Product Team

Understood, thanks for clarifying. I will move it back to "Under Consideration".

Currently for non-work events the All-Day flag means 24 hours. Is that what you would expect for work appointments as well? Also: is this primarily driven by the fact that a flag would be faster than changing the duration to "1 day" (example below)?

Product Team
Product Team

Looks like the screenshot was not included. Trying again:

Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 11.13.46.png