cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Board: owner selection using "Manage Multiple Resources"

In current Dispatch Console I can directly assing the "owner" of the work order in the selection window.

In the Service Board this is not possible. As owner is always the first technician selected to which I assign the work order. If another one should be the owner I have to edit the assignment and select the owner. 

These are additional steps which could be avoided if the owner can be similar defined as in the dispatch console.

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
Defining of work order owner in one step when using "Manage multiple Resources"
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
In Dispatch Console it is possible to select the owner in "Manage Multiple Resources" window
Product Area?
Service Board
8 Comments
Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Active

Hi Norbert,

There are different ways to define the "primary" technician on a job assigned to multiple resources:

• As you mentioned, you can drag&drop the job to the primary, and then use Manage Multiple Resources to add additional technicians
  • From Manage Multiple Resources, after adding other technicians, you can Edit Appointment and set another technician as Primary
  • Directly from the Job List, before dropping the job on any technician, you can open Manage Multiple Resources. The first technician you add will be considered the primary.

Could you please elaborate on which scenario is not well served by these options?
@mayhul FYI

Thanks,
Gab

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Product Team Review

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Hi, as written in my original comment. In DC it is possible to directly select manage multiple resources on a WO. Then you select the resources and click in the same window the "owner" or "primary" resource. All done in one windows.

With SB to change a primary resource or to have a different one additional steps are necessary.

Hope this can be improved to a similar way as it was in DC.

Thanks.

Product Team
Product Team

I think I understand the ask. I'm interested in two details:

• Isn't the DC behaviour similar to the 3rd option I mentioned above? Try this out:
    • On a New job, from the job list, open the job menu and select Manage Multiple Resources
    • Click + next to the the tech you want to be primary, then add other techs
  • Does it happen often that you first add several technicians, and then decide who's the primary?
    • That seems to be the main gap in the flow.

The key point is probably this: the flow in SB is faster than DC if you always start from the primary, but the compromise is that changing the primary is less intuitive. 

We do not plan to match the DC behaviour in this case, but are definitely interested in understanding in which business scenarios the new UX is getting in the way.

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Isn't the DC behaviour similar to the 3rd option I mentioned above? Try this out:

• On a New job, from the job list, open the job menu and select Manage Multiple Resources
  • Click + next to the the tech you want to be primary, then add other techs

• --> this seems to be working if I use Manage Multiple Resources in Job list of the respective WO
    The only point is - it was told by your education department in the training to fist schedule a WO to one resource and the add further resources using the edit function on the appointment on the first FSE.

Does it happen often that you first add several technicians, and then decide who's the primary?

• That seems to be the main gap in the flow.

• --> Yes - thats our daily business
Product Team
Product Team

Ok good. In training we emphasize the most common flow, dropping the job on the primary and then triggering Manage Multiple Resources from there. But if your business runs differently, the other approach may work better. Thanks for your feedback!

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Not Planned

Moving to "Not Planned" as we do not plan to match the DC experience in this case. We will anyhow keep in mind that the UX of changing the primary can be improved. @malik_khan 

Product Team
Product Team

@nschmitz - fyi, the ability to change the primary resource in an easier method on Service Board is already in our backlog.  I will tag your name to it and let you know once completed.  cc: @gabriele_bodda