Validate Address to consider more then only zip code/postcode

Validate Address to consider more then only zip code/postcode

Currently when using the out of the box "Validate Address" function, if incorrect data is entered into the street, state or country fields the address will still be validated if the zip code/postcode can be validated.

This has repercussions when utilizing the mapping functionality within the dispatch console and also on ensuring data integrity/standards are maintained.

How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
Through validation, reporting and training.
Product Area?
Parts Management Scheduling & Dispatch Work Order Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Winter 17
7 Comments
Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Product Team Review

Hi @brendenburkinsh could you please elaborate on the behaviour that your would expect? Is the idea that if street/state/country do not match the postcode the validation should fail? Thanks!

Roast Chef brendenburkinsh
Roast Chef

Hi @gabriele_bodda 

We are finding that the Google partial match on addresses does not work for us as a business as it allows validation to be completed on incorrect addresses.

We are working with Experian on a solution to meet our business requirements as we use the location to dispatch products on top of using it for work orders.

Thanks,

Brenden

Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

HI @brendenburkinsh , Pitney Bowes have a software offering 'Spectrum' that does address validation and we have integrated with that. Let me know if you want to find out more and I can get the ball rolling for you.

Regards, Richard

@terry_cavender 

Product Team
Product Team

@brendenburkinsh thanks for clarifying. That's a good choice, as we wouldn't be able to support that kind of logic in standard.

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Not Planned

Based on the conversation. Thanks!

Roast Chef brendenburkinsh
Roast Chef

@richard_lewis we have already signed up with Experian mate.

Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Hi @brendenburkinsh , I wasn't sure if they were developing the solution to reach out and get the address validated, or were doing the validation.

All the best with your solution

Regards, Richard