cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Grill Chef katewalshsolect
Grill Chef

Block off holiday in dispatch console for an entire Service Team

I need to add holidays so that they block tech's time as off by entire service teams...Can this be done? or do I have to block the time off for each tech?

Support

Message 1 of 11
10 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: Block off holiday in dispatch console for an entire Service Team

Hi Kate,

The Dispatch Console just creates an event on the Techs calendar which blocks off that time.  You could try creating a Multi-assignment Event in the Dispatch Console and assign all the techs in the Service Team to that vacation time so they all would have an event created on their calendars and also show up in Dispatch Console.

dispatch console‌ assgnment‌ calendar‌ serviceteams‌ technicians‌ holiday‌

Message 2 of 11
Grill Chef rravilla
Grill Chef

Hi Mike,

This is in fact very useful.I have one more question around the same.

How could dispatcher or an Admin can pre-configure the Holiday lists on the Technician Tree Calendar as one time activity for a whole year.This is based on the geography and it implies for all the Service Teams under the Geography or Territory.Is this feasible?

Best

Ravi

Message 3 of 11
Employee
Employee

Mike Monin​ ,  Ravishankar Ravilla​ , Kate Walsh

To add to the question Ravi had.  Is there an efficient way to block off on-call time for a technician? I am guessing this would be similar to Holiday time as well. 

For example, some technicians may be scheduled several weeks in advanced as on-call.  Manually scheduling each tech an event would not be very efficient when the volume of technicians is in the hundreds or thousands.  Any ideas? 

Stephen

Message 4 of 11
Employee
Employee

Hi Stephen - mass creating events for thousands of techs sound like a custom solution with a batch process that would need to evaluate a custom object called Technician Schedule (Master detail relationship with the Technician/Equipment object) which each Tech would have and the Tech or their manager would update their schedule for on-call blocks then the custom batch job would look at each Techs Schedule and create the events for on-call, PTO etc.

Message 5 of 11
Employee
Employee

Mike,

Thanks Mike!  Do you know if there is any plan to have the 'Working Hours' displayed in the dispatch console in the near future? 

Stephen

Message 6 of 11

Hi Stephen,

Yes, displaying the 'Working Hours' on the dispatch console is in our near term roadmap. Timing wise it is at least two releases out due to other priorities at this time.

Message 7 of 11
Employee
Employee

Thank you Paul!

Hopefully sometime in the next 12 months?  For customers that have technicians who are on-call or varying schedules this is a major feature. 

Message 8 of 11
Employee
Employee

Hi Ravishankar - I am not sure how to do this out of the box but I will ask my team if they have any ideas.

Message 9 of 11
0 Likes
Grill Chef hstrangeflower
Grill Chef

is it possible to color a holiday as a different color in the Calendar view?

Message 10 of 11