Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification on the statement in ServiceMax user docs

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Clarification on the statement in ServiceMax user docs

Jump to solution

Below note is updated in the Winter 15 SP user docs.

"Is it possible to make Dispatch Console switch to ServiceMax Event automatically when the event duration is greater than 14 days? Yes, Dispatch Console creates ServiceMax events automatically when 'GBL025' setting under Module 'Common' and Submodule 'Global Settings' is set to ServiceMax Event, for all Technicians for whom Enable Scheduling checkbox is checked"

I see at any point of time either Salesforce event or ServiceMax can be assigned as a part of Global setting "GBL025".If am correct ,if I set Salesforce event,the above statement implies that for a technician with check box "Enable Scheduling" checked ,can have a ling term event greater than 14 days can be created?

Please confirm as it is very critical for our Business Process.I do some testing and it seems to be not working.

Best

Ravi

Message 1 of 2
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

Re: Clarification on the statement in ServiceMax user docs

Jump to solution

Ravishankar Ravilla​,

At any point in time, either Salesforce or ServiceMax events can be created for a technician, depending on the value of GBL025. There is no way to create Salesforce events for duration <= 14 days and ServiceMax events for duration >14 days. The online help content you have quoted above does not reflect accurately the current functionality. We will update it at the earliest.Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Meenakshi.

Message 2 of 2
1 Reply
Employee
Employee

Re: Clarification on the statement in ServiceMax user docs

Jump to solution

Ravishankar Ravilla​,

At any point in time, either Salesforce or ServiceMax events can be created for a technician, depending on the value of GBL025. There is no way to create Salesforce events for duration <= 14 days and ServiceMax events for duration >14 days. The online help content you have quoted above does not reflect accurately the current functionality. We will update it at the earliest.Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Meenakshi.

Message 2 of 2