Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispatch Console WO Status Checkbox Issue

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Dispatch Console WO Status Checkbox Issue

Jump to solution

Upgraded to Winter '18 over the weekend and my dispatchers are telling me that only the "New" checkbox stays checked and the "Assigned" and "Queued" checkboxes have to be re-checked every launch of the console.  Any ideas?DC WO Status Issue.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Re: Dispatch Console WO Status Checkbox Issue

Jump to solution

HI Dan Schiess​, see below extracts from help. These should be selected by default. They are configurable though so maybe this setting (SET007) is wrong for you. I think it needs to be set to 'All'. The other option is that this is somehow being set in your dispatch console settings.

Status Filter

Filtering Work Orders based on Dispatch Status

1. Select the required Dispatch Status to filter work orders displayed in the grid based on the value of Work Order field, Dispatch Status.
    You can use this filter for any queue or view.
  2. You can choose one or more of the values - New, Assigned,and Queued.
    The chosen filter is applied in addition to the queue / view criteria and any Work Order field based filter

Note: By default, all Dispatch Status options are selected. The default value can be changed by ServiceMax administrator, by updating the value of group configuration setting SET007Figure 1: Status Filter

Dispatch Status Details

Dispatch Status is determined as follows:

• New: Work order is neither assigned to a technician nor assigned to a service team
  • Assigned: Work order is assigned to a technician
  • Queued: Work order is assigned to only a service team

https://userdocs.servicemax.com/ServiceMaxHelp/182/en_us/svmxhlp.htm#DispatchConsole/HowToUseStatusF...

Configuration Settings

Dispatch Console functionality is governed by both global (org-wide) and group (based on ServiceMax Group Profile) configuration settings. These settings are available under module Dispatch Management and submodule Dispatch Console Flex ( unless mentioned otherwise in the setting details). The settings are listed below, grouped by the impacted area.

Work Order Grid

Setting IdSetting TypeDefault ValueSetting Name & Details
SET003GroupNoneName: Auto-search when Work Order is selected
Details: Setting indicates if a technician search should be performed automatically when a work order is selected in dispatch console. This setting can be set to None (no auto-search), Team (auto-Team search), or Technician (auto-Technician search).
SET006GlobalPARTNERNETWORKCONNECTIONName: Reference Salesforce Objects to be skipped
Details: Setting defines all the Salesforce Objects that need to be skipped while doing reference lookup for work orders, events, and technicians.
SET007GroupAllName: Default Status (All, Assigned, Queued, New)
Details: Default Dispatch Status to be used as a filter on the work order list.
SET008GroupTrueName: Auto-select Work Order
Details: If this is set to TRUE and if there is only one Work Order displayed in the Dispatch Console, then automatically select that work order.

https://userdocs.servicemax.com/ServiceMaxHelp/182/en_us/svmxhlp.htm#DispatchConsole/ConfigSettings....

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~

View solution in original post

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Jump to solution

HI Dan Schiess​, see below extracts from help. These should be selected by default. They are configurable though so maybe this setting (SET007) is wrong for you. I think it needs to be set to 'All'. The other option is that this is somehow being set in your dispatch console settings.

Status Filter

Filtering Work Orders based on Dispatch Status

1. Select the required Dispatch Status to filter work orders displayed in the grid based on the value of Work Order field, Dispatch Status.
    You can use this filter for any queue or view.
  2. You can choose one or more of the values - New, Assigned,and Queued.
    The chosen filter is applied in addition to the queue / view criteria and any Work Order field based filter

Note: By default, all Dispatch Status options are selected. The default value can be changed by ServiceMax administrator, by updating the value of group configuration setting SET007Figure 1: Status Filter

Dispatch Status Details

Dispatch Status is determined as follows:

• New: Work order is neither assigned to a technician nor assigned to a service team
  • Assigned: Work order is assigned to a technician
  • Queued: Work order is assigned to only a service team

https://userdocs.servicemax.com/ServiceMaxHelp/182/en_us/svmxhlp.htm#DispatchConsole/HowToUseStatusF...

Configuration Settings

Dispatch Console functionality is governed by both global (org-wide) and group (based on ServiceMax Group Profile) configuration settings. These settings are available under module Dispatch Management and submodule Dispatch Console Flex ( unless mentioned otherwise in the setting details). The settings are listed below, grouped by the impacted area.

Work Order Grid

Setting IdSetting TypeDefault ValueSetting Name & Details
SET003GroupNoneName: Auto-search when Work Order is selected
Details: Setting indicates if a technician search should be performed automatically when a work order is selected in dispatch console. This setting can be set to None (no auto-search), Team (auto-Team search), or Technician (auto-Technician search).
SET006GlobalPARTNERNETWORKCONNECTIONName: Reference Salesforce Objects to be skipped
Details: Setting defines all the Salesforce Objects that need to be skipped while doing reference lookup for work orders, events, and technicians.
SET007GroupAllName: Default Status (All, Assigned, Queued, New)
Details: Default Dispatch Status to be used as a filter on the work order list.
SET008GroupTrueName: Auto-select Work Order
Details: If this is set to TRUE and if there is only one Work Order displayed in the Dispatch Console, then automatically select that work order.

https://userdocs.servicemax.com/ServiceMaxHelp/182/en_us/svmxhlp.htm#DispatchConsole/ConfigSettings....

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~

View solution in original post

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Jump to solution

Richard - worked like a champ.  Thanks so much for the assistance!

Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Jump to solution

Great to hear Dan,

Regards, Richard

0 Likes