Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispatch console Web Version

Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Dispatch console Web Version

Does any one know if there is a plan to have a web access of the Dispatch Console so users could visualize the same information shown in the dispatch console and avoid the users to have browsers, performance, hanging , etc issues

Is it coming in a new release ?

Message 1 of 5
4 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: Dispatch console Web Version

Hi Ramesh Kotamareddy​,

Thank you for participating here in community.

Unfortunately, this is not yet considered in the new release.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Soumya

crt_soumya​

Message 2 of 5
0 Likes
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

You can post in the Product Hub and click on 'Submit a Product Idea' to request this as a future enhancement. Alternatively you can contact ServiceMax via support and ask for them to enter an enhancement request for you.

Richard Hall​ is the above advice something the support team can be asked to share as a response when a feature is not available? Or is there another route that customers should be taking to log their requests for new features?

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Message 3 of 5
0 Likes

Ramesh,

Thank you for your inquiry. We do have plans to provide an HTML5 version of the Dispatch Console, however that is several releases away in the future. In the meantime we plan to continue investment in the Flex based Dispatch Console, including performance enhancements. In the Summer 15 release (August, 2015) we added in asynchronous data retrieval strategies to help improve performance on initial loading of data. We also added a caching strategy that helps when you dispatch one work order at a time by clicking the "Dispatch Work Order" SFM on a work order. The code will now look to find if there is an existing Dispatch Console window open, and will utilize that open window instead of reloading a new Dispatch Console in a new window. 

We also have future enhancements planned like lazy data loading strategies to improve the speed of initial load, and put the large data loading tasks into the background as asynchronous jobs. (For example, don't wait until all of the work orders and all of the events are retrieved from the databased before opening the Dispatch Console. Get the first page of results, and display the Dispatch Console, and then continue retrieving data in the background).

Also a heads up that we are planning a new user interface reskin in the Winter 16 (December 2015) release. This will still be on the Flex framework, but the user interface will be aligned with the newer ServiceMax styles. This will be an optional feature for the next few releases, and the goal will be to make this the standard user interface eventually.

Message 4 of 5
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Ramesh,

I fully share your experience and request. The Dispatch Console needs a fundamental redesign in order to keep up with state-of-the-art tools. I would expect the integration of a moving, related map with traffic information when a Work Order is selected from the lists, the display of holidays and working hours for the different teams/ regions as well as a fast, seamless reload of tasks and events when the user is moving within the calendar view, etc.

Christian

Message 5 of 5