cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispatch email sent to technician-how do I change the view?

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Dispatch email sent to technician-how do I change the view?

After a tech has been dispatched via the console, an email is sent to them to inform them that a work order has been assigned to them. I wanted to know where in servicemax that process lies so that I can go in and change the view and add more information to it.

The email shows these details but I want to change some of that info in the email form.

WORK ORDER DETAILS

ACCOUNT

LOCATION NAME

CONTACT

CONTACT PHONE

CONTACT EMAIL

APPOINTMENT ADDRESS

ORDER TYPE

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

Message 1 of 5
4 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: Dispatch email sent to technician-how do I change the view?

Setup -> Communication Templates -> Email Templates.  There is a good chance your email template is in the ServiceMax folder or it could be in another custom folder (see my screen shot below).  To find out which email template you need to modify, go to your Workflow rules and find the Workflow rule that is responsible for sending out that specific email.  Setup -> Create -> Workflows and Approvals -> Workflow Rules.  Create a new view to show only workflow rules for the Work Order object.  Hope this helps.

workflow rules‌ emailtemplates‌ workorder‌

Message 2 of 5
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Is there a way to send this email to all techs that are assigned to the work order?  Currently it only goes to the main technician (owner). Mike Monin

Message 3 of 5
0 Likes
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

This is also in the Community knowledge base:  How to Change View of Dispatch Email Sent to Technician

Message 4 of 5
0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi Jeff Jaeger​,

Thank you for posting here in the community.   I see that Mike Monin has provided the information related to the Email Templates and to use them in the workflow actions. Did you get a chance to check it out? If the information provided answered your question, I encourage you to mark your question answered.

Thanks for your continued co-operation.

Regards,

Siva Shankar

crt_sivas​

Message 5 of 5
0 Likes