Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Time & Material Entries

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Duplicate Time & Material Entries

Hi,

Anyone experiencing issues with duplicate lines being created for labour. I would love to know what causes this so we can avoid doing it.

Any thoughts?

Servicemax Spring 14 Version 14.31.025

Message 1 of 15
14 Replies
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Re: Duplicate Time & Material Entries

Nathaniel,

Is this occurring with the iPad app? if so, this was fixed in the Summer 14 release

SMX014239

Duplicate records get created on sync when a record which fails to sync because of a server error is updated again from the client.

Message 2 of 15
Employee
Employee

John, this is a different issue.  Duplicates in current releases still happen often with most customers, the main root cause of the issue is the configuration sync being out of date.  With Spring '15 proving config sync reports, this should make it a little easier tracking who in the field missed the last config sync. 

Message 3 of 15
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Hi Stephen,

Are you testing for this with Spring '15?  If so, are you still seeing it?

Message 4 of 15
Employee
Employee

Dan,

I have not had a chance to test this out.  I will let you know.  Previously I noticed the issue is more difficult to replicate in a test environment than live where you will have a significant more volume of records being processed.  When I begin testing I will test the stereotypical situations ( connection cut-off mid sync, poor connection, etc.) where we see duplicates and let you know what I find. 

Message 5 of 15
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

I think it was also mentioned that validation/sync conflicts that are then later cleared can also create duplicates - as somehow it gets stored in a temp table twice or whatever - cant figure out where i saw that though

Message 6 of 15
Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Winter 15 helped a lot - but we are still seeing 2-3 instances per day.  Have not tested Spring, but agree with stephen hard to reproduce in test environment.

What we did is built a couple formula fields that look like this:

-Duplicate audit rollup summary on WO Header = count of WD's where type = "Labor"

-Then a workflow where, if status = Closed and Audit Count >1, status = Audit

Then rinse and repeat for travel, Billable parts, etc.

Large amount are "false positives" but i would rather clear out an audit log than risk double billing a customer - since customer time/perception is more valuable than our own internally - at least thats how we do things here

Message 7 of 15
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hi Nathaniel

We are one Summer 14 release, and we still see the issue, though nothing like in the numbers we used to; for us it seems the problem is related to the relatively poor connection speeds our users often experience, and hence slow sync speeds.

Our work around is to use the app in offline mode as much as we can, though when we originally tried this work around, while on the Spring 14 version that you are on, it was disaster, with every visit having duplicate lines. Since upgrading to Summer 14, with the fix as mentioned by John, going offline is now a viable method to avoid the sync issues that are caused by poor connectivity.

Thanks

Russ

Message 8 of 15
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Nathaniel

We saw this on Spring 14 and we are still seeing this on Winter 15.

They have advised that it is defect SMX014876.

Their Technical Team is looking into and will update once they hear back from our Technical Team.

Message 9 of 15
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

We are having this issue also, seems to be greater with certain techs.  not sure why yet.  

Message 10 of 15