cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Pastry Chef mmajerus6
Pastry Chef

Flash Support Change in Chrome 69 - coming on Sept. 4th, 2018

I would like to understand how to best manage through the continual changes by Chrome in how it handles Flash content including the Dispatch Console and the SFM Designer rendering?

On Sept. 4th, the way Flash is supported in Chrome will change with Chrome 69. According to several reputable articles, users will have to manually enable this each and every time they open the DC.

Since this is a change which impacts end users of ServiceMax, I am wondering if there are any strategies recommended by ServiceMax Support and other Customer's strategies for managing this change? Is there a SMax Community communication in the works?

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/08/chrome-69-will-take-the-next-step-to-killing-flash-roll-out-...

ServiceMax KnowledgeLisa MercerBrittany Taylor

Message 1 of 19
18 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Flash Support Change in Chrome 69 - coming on Sept. 4th, 2018

GEORGE PIPERMarie Coon​ Do you have any feedback for Michael regarding manually enabling Flash each and every time they open the DC? Can you please weigh in?

Also @mentioning Mayhul Jain​ since you're king of the dispatch console, and you might have some insight into this?

Thanks all!!

Lisa Mercer

---
Check out my signature
- one of the cool new features of our community. Edit yours under "Personal Information".
Message 2 of 19
Product Team
Product Team

Thanks Michael Majerus​ for the comment.  Yes, we are aware of this change and our engineering team is performing tests on this as we speak.  We expect to wrap these up by end of this week and publish a communication by early next week.

Message 3 of 19
Pastry Chef mmajerus6
Pastry Chef

Thank you Mayhul Jain​. With this being only 11 days away and with international holidays in between, we will have a very short time-frame to socialize and prepare our global users for a change. Please let us know as soon as possible. Thank you!

Lisa MercerBrittany Taylor

Message 4 of 19
Community Manager
Community Manager

See this document for information on this upcoming change!

Google Chrome Version 69 Settings

---
Check out my signature
- one of the cool new features of our community. Edit yours under "Personal Information".
Message 5 of 19
Line Chef george_mullins
Line Chef

We had issue today with user upgrade to Chrome v69 that disabled Flash.  I found the article below that steps through disabling "Enable Ephemeral Flash Permissions" that allows Flash to load as it did before.  This is working for us for now.

chrome v69.0.3497.81 flash settings - Super User

Message 6 of 19
Pastry Chef mmajerus6
Pastry Chef

Thank you George Mullins​! I'm going to test this today and socialize with our business.

Message 7 of 19
0 Likes
Customer Success Team

Flint Chandler​  Thought this may be of interest to you.

---
If you want to get my attention quickly, please be sure to @ me!  @lisa_mercer
   Don't forget to give a thumbs up if you like a post and mark solutions!
Message 8 of 19
Customer Success Team

Thanks for sharing this, George Mullins

---
If you want to get my attention quickly, please be sure to @ me!  @lisa_mercer
   Don't forget to give a thumbs up if you like a post and mark solutions!
Message 9 of 19
Fry Chef nkatoros
Fry Chef

Disabling Ephemeral Flash in settings worked for our dispatchers.  Chrome 69 now remembers the Flash preference set to Allow and users don't need to reset it every time.

Message 10 of 19