cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Support Change in Chrome 69 - coming on Sept. 4th, 2018

Line Chef
Line Chef

Re: Flash Support Change in Chrome 69 - coming on Sept. 4th, 2018

Lisa Mercer​ This looks perfect. I'll have some people test it out and see where the results land us.

We built a plugin for chrome to populate the trusted flash sites on launch but were having concerns about how to deploy it across our user base so this is a much easier option.

Message 11 of 19
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Michael Majerus , have you considered using Chrome for Business? This will allow you to prevent the auto upgrade that often causes bugs/changes like this to be automatically pushed to all users. You can then control the upgrade process and push out upgrades when a chrome version is tested and approved. We haven’t used it but have posited it as a solution to this problem.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Message 12 of 19
0 Likes
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Thanks Richard Lewis​. We just became a "Google house" about a year ago and I bet we have Chrome for business but haven't configured this feature yet. We should definitely look into this internally.

I am hoping that ServiceMax will more closely monitor and communicate out in advance any potential impacts from the platforms on which they are dependent- Salesforce and Google Chrome. Ideally, these impacts would be mitigated and the solutions communicated well in advance to minimize any service disruption. Of course each individual customer can scramble to find our own work-arounds like George Mullins​ found, but really this should have come from SMax weeks before the Chrome update. Thanks again for the Chrome for business tip!

Lisa Mercer​  Brittany Taylor​  ServiceMax Knowledge​  bio-rad​   google chrome​  flash​

Message 13 of 19
Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

Michael Majerus​  I'll definitely share this feedback in my regular communications with the teams that would have input/control over this. 

---
If you want to get my attention quickly, please be sure to @ me!  @lisa_mercer
   Don't forget to give a thumbs up if you like a post and mark solutions!
Message 14 of 19
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

There are some other options you could consider:

1. It is possible to have your administrator add URLs to the Allow list for Flash. This is how we manage it. You need to have them add the url of the DC.

2. As an early warning system, we have some IT associates supporting ServiceMax run the beta version of Chrome so we can catch new 'features'. I think beta is about 2-4 weeks ahead of the official release.

Message 15 of 19
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hello Jeff Silveira​. Thanks for the tip. I had added the URLs to the Allow list in the past, but I thought that with Chrome 69 this did not work anymore? Can you confirm if this works for you after the update?

Message 16 of 19
0 Likes
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Hi Michael,

I am using Version 70.0.3538.22 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) and I just verified it is still working.

Regards,

Jeff

Message 17 of 19
Highlighted

The Ephemeral Flash flag is gone on chrome v71.

Message 18 of 19
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Angel, we see the same that the flash is gone:

https://www.reddit.com/r/chrome/comments/9zbnpy/psa_enable_ephemeral_flash_permissions_flag_is/

I am going to be opening a support ticket...as my users are experiencing challenges as chrome updates on their computers.

Message 19 of 19