cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can I Push Dispatch Console Color Coding Rules Configuration Org-Wide?

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

How Can I Push Dispatch Console Color Coding Rules Configuration Org-Wide?

Jump to solution

I have a color coding rule for "System Down" WO's.  How I can make sure all Dispatch Console users see those events with the Color Coding that I configured.  IE how do I push this Color Coding Rule Org-Wide?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How Can I Push Dispatch Console Color Coding Rules Configuration Org-Wide?

Jump to solution

Hi Kate,

In order to create a default group of settings that will be used by all users complete the following steps:

1) Make the changes to the color coding as well as any other changes such as which columns to include, column order, etc. inside the Dispatch Console. Hit the Save Settings button so that these changes are saved in the Dispatch Console Settings field for this user.

2) Edit your user record (Setup -> Administration Setup -> Manage Users -> Users) and copy the text from the Dispatch Console Settings field into a text editor.

3) (optional) Make manual changes such as the default latitude and longitude to show in the Google Maps section of the Dispatch Console. Note that changes to the default latitude and longitude must be done by manually editing the text.

4) Save the edited text in a file on your local machine.

5) Create a Static Resource via Setup -> App Setup -> Develop -> Static Resource. The Name of the resource must be DC_Custom_UI_Settings. The Description is optional. The File will be the file saved in Step 4. And the Cache Control should be set to public.

With this resource saved, any user using the Dispatch Console for the first time will use these settings. Once the user does a Save Settings, they will no longer reference the default settings created here. Also, any user that has previously logged onto the Dispatch Console and done a Save Settings will not pick up the newly created settings. In order to have this user pick up the new settings one would need to edit that user's Dispatch Console Settings and set it to an empty string. You can find which users have settings saved in the Dispatch Console Settings field on their user record by running a report on the user object. You will want to set a filter on the report for "Dispatch Console Settings not equal to blank" (leaving the value field blank). Once you run the report, you will want to navigate to each user and delete the value in the field.

Thanks,

ChrisM.

crt_chrism​

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Hi Kate,

In order to create a default group of settings that will be used by all users complete the following steps:

1) Make the changes to the color coding as well as any other changes such as which columns to include, column order, etc. inside the Dispatch Console. Hit the Save Settings button so that these changes are saved in the Dispatch Console Settings field for this user.

2) Edit your user record (Setup -> Administration Setup -> Manage Users -> Users) and copy the text from the Dispatch Console Settings field into a text editor.

3) (optional) Make manual changes such as the default latitude and longitude to show in the Google Maps section of the Dispatch Console. Note that changes to the default latitude and longitude must be done by manually editing the text.

4) Save the edited text in a file on your local machine.

5) Create a Static Resource via Setup -> App Setup -> Develop -> Static Resource. The Name of the resource must be DC_Custom_UI_Settings. The Description is optional. The File will be the file saved in Step 4. And the Cache Control should be set to public.

With this resource saved, any user using the Dispatch Console for the first time will use these settings. Once the user does a Save Settings, they will no longer reference the default settings created here. Also, any user that has previously logged onto the Dispatch Console and done a Save Settings will not pick up the newly created settings. In order to have this user pick up the new settings one would need to edit that user's Dispatch Console Settings and set it to an empty string. You can find which users have settings saved in the Dispatch Console Settings field on their user record by running a report on the user object. You will want to set a filter on the report for "Dispatch Console Settings not equal to blank" (leaving the value field blank). Once you run the report, you will want to navigate to each user and delete the value in the field.

Thanks,

ChrisM.

crt_chrism​

View solution in original post

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Jump to solution

Thanks Chris. I was on the phone with Josh Trujillo (Josh is always knowledgeable and helpful) from SM Support and he help me set it up. I appreciate your follow through...thanks. I figured out the way similar to what you are describing on my own, but as the ServiceMax Admin...Josh showed me that I could add the "Is Super Dispatcher" Field to my User Account page. When that is clicked I am given the option within the DC to save changes for myself or to Deploy them to all. I went with this setting going forward...

Kate Walsh

Technical Support Services

ServiceMax/Salesforce Admin

HQ: 360 Merrimack Street, Bldg 9, Fl 2, Entrance I, Lawrence, MA 01843 USA

M: +1 978-689-5294 | F: +1 978-683-9702

kate.walsh@solectria.com<mailto:kate.walsh@solectria.com> | www.solectria.com<http://www.solectria.com/>