cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can I Send an Email Alert to ALL FSE's for a Multiple Assignment Work Order?

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

How Can I Send an Email Alert to ALL FSE's for a Multiple Assignment Work Order?

Is anyone doing this currently??

Currently, only the Technican on the Work Order receives a custom Email Alert via a WFR  when a Multiple Assignment is made on a Work Order.

How can I send an email alert to ALL FSE's that are being dispatched? One would assume that this would be part of the standard funtionality, since SMAX allows for multiple assignments.

It does however, create a SF Calendar Event for ALL FSE's that are assigned.

I did locate htis post on the Community:

https://community.servicemax.com/docs/DOC-3359

I would be delighted to hear your feedback!!!

Thanks,

Sonia

Message 1 of 3
2 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: How Can I Send an Email Alert to ALL FSE's for a Multiple Assignment Work Order?

Hi Sonia

I noticed that there had been no reply to this question, so though I could suggest a solution for you, or perhaps others with the same problem:

As you say, the system adds a SFDC Calendar Event for each assigned FSE to the WO, so all you need to do is create a SFDC Workflow Rule on the Event object that sends out an email alert to the 'Assigned To' recipient each time an new event is created. To avoid other non-work order events from having an alert sent, you could set the rule criteria to Subject Contains 'WO-'.

It tested this out on a demo org and all the FSE's that were assigned the WO received an email notification.

Hope this is of use to you.

Thanks

Colin

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Re: How Can I Send an Email Alert to ALL FSE's for a Multiple Assignment Work Order?

Hi Colin,

Thank you for the reply.

With all the  WFR's that will need to fire as a result of the mutli assing this will need to be a Trigger in order to achieve this.

I appreciate your input!

Thanks

Sonia

Message 3 of 3