cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Record who Dispatched a Work Order on a Work Order?

Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

How to Record who Dispatched a Work Order on a Work Order?

Is there a way to record who dispatched a WO on the work order itself?  We would like to see this information on the Work Order and use for report purposes. Mike Monin

Thanks,

Susan

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Re: How to Record who Dispatched a Work Order on a Work Order?

Hi Susan,

One simply way of tracking this would be to turn on field tracking history for the Technician field on the Work Order. When a work order is dispatched, this field is populated. By turning on field tracking history, you would have an audit trail of anytime that field was changed.

There are other ways this could be approached, but that would give you immediate visibility going forward.

Nicole

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Re: How to Record who Dispatched a Work Order on a Work Order?

Hi Susan, as well as field history tracking I have a few other suggestions.

You can build a Salesforce process (more advanced) or a Salesforce workflow with field update step (more basic) to update a new field you create.

This field can be a lookup field to the user object. Write your workflow or process so that when the Technician field has the value populated or changed then your new field is populated with the user who is making the edit.

This way you have a field on your work order that you can report on that shows the last person who dispatched this work order. You could apply the same logic to a different field if you chose that to denote a dispatch instead.

I haven't prototyped this but from my knowledge think it should work fine. I suggest the field history tracking is also added.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~