cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show the Customer location info in the dispatch console ?

Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

How to show the Customer location info in the dispatch console ?

Jump to solution

Hi Guys, In the dispatch console maps I was able to look at the technicians location, but Is there any way to show the customer location too?

maps.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

Re: How to show the Customer location info in the dispatch console  ?

Jump to solution

Srikanth Challa​,

You can do one of the following:

Select a technician and click Show Route - it plots the route of the technician for the day (first day on the calendar by default, but you can change it using the date control above the map), showing the work order locations. Online help section: See the technician’s calendar and route for the day.

Use the Plot nearby feature - you can configure Work Order and Location views (ServiceMax Setup home > Dispatch Management > Dispatch Console Views), ensure that Validate Address is executed for all the work orders and locations, and click the Plot On Map button - it plots the work orders and locations within the specified radius, around the selected search area. You can change the search area by clicking at the required location on the map. Online help section: Find the work orders nearest to the technician's location.

Regards,

Meenakshi.

View solution in original post

Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Srikanth Challa​,

You can do one of the following:

Select a technician and click Show Route - it plots the route of the technician for the day (first day on the calendar by default, but you can change it using the date control above the map), showing the work order locations. Online help section: See the technician’s calendar and route for the day.

Use the Plot nearby feature - you can configure Work Order and Location views (ServiceMax Setup home > Dispatch Management > Dispatch Console Views), ensure that Validate Address is executed for all the work orders and locations, and click the Plot On Map button - it plots the work orders and locations within the specified radius, around the selected search area. You can change the search area by clicking at the required location on the map. Online help section: Find the work orders nearest to the technician's location.

Regards,

Meenakshi.

View solution in original post

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Re: How to show the Customer location info in the dispatch console ?

Jump to solution

Awesome! I got you. I have 2 more questions:

1. We are adding the latitude and longitude values for each work order even though we have the address information in it. Is there any way to auto populate them like you said 'validate the work order location Info'.

2.Also Is there any way to show all the Work Orders and Technicians together in a specific radius because now I can see only the Work Order locations on the map where I have to look at the technician's location when I click on 'show route'.

Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

1. Please refer to this discussion in Community: Validate Address on Location

2. No, there is no direct way to show both technicians and work orders together within a given radius. However, as you can plot both locations and work orders within a given radius, if you define a location for each technician's address and link it to the technician (may be even use the technician's name as the location name), you can see both work order and technician locations together in the map. However, this will be a practical solution only if the number of technicians you manage is relatively small.