cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking for more details on how we can assign a Workorder to multiple technicians.

Highlighted

I am looking for more details on how we can assign a Workorder to multiple technicians.

Jump to solution

In the past I have seen the option "Assign to multiple" in the dispatch console. Now this is replaced by "Manage multiple assignments". I noticed that I can assign a workorder to different technicians by assigning the same workorder multiple times. As I need to select the time, duration, etc. for each assignment, this is a time consuming process and not very user friendly.

Does anyone know if there is another way to do this? Can I set one start and end date for all the assigned technicians? Is there any documentation on multi assignment?

Any help welcome

Message 1 of 3
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

Re: I am looking for more details on how we can assign a Workorder to multiple technicians.

Jump to solution

Xander - when your first assigning the WO to multiple Technicians you can use the Field Updates "Edit" button (see the screen shot below) to set the Start and End dates once then use the "Apply" button to apply that Start and End dates to all the Technicians that you check the checkbox for (step #1 in the screen shot below).  If you are going back to edit existing WO events then remember to check the "Show Past Events" so they will appear in the results.  Please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions for improvements to the existing interface.

dispatch console‌ assignment‌ multipletechnicians‌

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

Post a Comment

This widget could not be displayed.
" />
" />
2 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: I am looking for more details on how we can assign a Workorder to multiple technicians.

Jump to solution

Please refer to the 2nd question in online help section Work Scheduling (ServiceMax Online Help ) [Dispatch and Scheduling > Dispatch Console > FAQs]. Time and duration in Manage Multiple Assignments window are defaulted based on Work Order attributes and configuration setting values as described in Manage Multiple Assignments section (ServiceMax Online Help )[Dispatch and Scheduling > Dispatch Console > Technical Feature Description > Work Order Grid].

Message 2 of 3
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Xander - when your first assigning the WO to multiple Technicians you can use the Field Updates "Edit" button (see the screen shot below) to set the Start and End dates once then use the "Apply" button to apply that Start and End dates to all the Technicians that you check the checkbox for (step #1 in the screen shot below).  If you are going back to edit existing WO events then remember to check the "Show Past Events" so they will appear in the results.  Please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions for improvements to the existing interface.

dispatch console‌ assignment‌ multipletechnicians‌

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
" />
" />